The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am parting with my beloved Lotus Exige S which I purchased from a forum member a couple years ago. I haven't been driving it lately, so someone should get to enjoy this magnificent car.
I believe that it has every possible option available in 2007 from the factory.
Track Pack
Starshield
Fog Lights
If there were more, let me know, it probably has it.
The AC blows ice cold, it will freeze me out here in South Florida on the lowest setting.
The leather seats are perfect, no scuffs tears, fading, etc.. You could mistake them for brand-new seats.

It has been on the track once for a couple leisurely 20 minute sessions. I am an instructor with over 1000 hours of on-track time, teaching for 13 years. I know how to treat a car and its clutch properly. This was not meant to be a track car, I had a BMW M3 race car for that. This car was used to tool around south Florida and look good, not to track or race.

Add-ons/mods:
Full Chuck Risen custom stereo system with Alpine class D amp, custom fiberglass sub box behind the seats, oversized speakers in the dash and behind the seats. The head unit is a Kenwood digital only unit with the color screen. I have this hooked to the top of the line Kenwood multi view rear-view camera and I have that hooked to a Lotus switch mounted on the steering column so that you can operate it like a rear-view mirror any time you want and don't have to put the car in reverse.
I paid a lot extra to have a lot of the body pieces painted in the beautiful Chili Red. The console, the speaker grilles, AC surround, AC control knobs, cupholder, and the AC grilles are all Chili Red now which really make the interior look amazing. The engine cover pieces are also painted Chili Red with the Lotus yellow and green in the Lotus emblem, the engine compartment looks fantastic.
It has front and rear tow hooks.
I removed the passenger airbag and converted it into a glovebox, but I saved ever nut and bolt, the airbag and every piece so that you could easily put it back to stock with the passenger airbag. I even have the replacement break-away plastic clips.
I have the original fiberglass hardtop and the soft top with grommets installed. Both are included in the price.
The red on the wheels is precisely placed red pin-stripe tape so it could be easily peeled off if it is not your style.
Brand new tires, probably less than 200 miles on them.
When I installed the stereo system I put in extensive amounts of both Damplifier Pro and Luxury Liner Pro. This makes it a whole new car. It isn't quiet like a 7-series, but it is the way a Lotus should be. It really didn't add that much weight and I made up for most of it by removing the thick bar behind the seats. I can post pictures of the install showing some of the locations of the nice thick sound insulation. It was a night-and-day difference.
I removed the rear stress bar which was a factory option, or maybe came with the track pack, I don't remember. I have it and it is included with the car.
The previous owner deleted the rear cover thingy over the exhaust, but included it with the car and I still have it and it is included.
It has a full-sized Optima battery and I replaced it about a year ago and it is kept on a battery tender.
I have one of the leather pocket things on the driver's side for storage.

I have clear title in hand. I am not in a hurry to sell, I really hope the right buyer will come along to really enjoy and appreciate this exceptional example of a 2007 Exige.

The "bad":
I am very very picky about this car and the paint, so I will list every tiny little imperfection that I have found.
There is a tiny scuff in the paint on the driver's side air scoop right behind the door and the black metal grille is slightly bent. Someone must have tapped it in a parking lot. You would have to look carefully at it to notice it.
There is a chip in the driver's side door window glass. I have no idea how it happened, maybe kicked up from the road or something. Not a big deal, I'll try to get pictures.
Under the Starshield on the lowermost part of the front splitter there is a fingerprint. Whoever installed the Starshield must have had a greasy finger, it just wasn't worth taking off the front Starshield to redo it.

Attachments

·
He's on fire!
3,407 Posts
What exactly does "removed the rear stress bar" mean?

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,660 Posts
He is talking about the harness bar.

Beautiful car man. Good fortune with your sale !

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
LSD was an option in 2007

·
Registered
685 Posts
Isn't this Ardent Red? Chili Red has a lot of gold flake in it, and is really hard not to see in pictures?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the questions.

It does have LSD and traction control.

It is definitely Chili Red and has the gold flake appearance in the paint. It is by far the most beautiful paint color I have ever seen. It is amazing in person and cannot really be captured in photography. It is a very similar to the Ardent Red but has that gold pop. It is not crazy like the ghetto candy paint though. It is just right for an exotic car. It has to be seen to be appreciated.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Isn't this Ardent Red? Chili Red has a lot of gold flake in it, and is really hard not to see in pictures?
I was thinking the same thing actually.

I just got a Chili and its actually almost orangey in person (a good thing, not a complaint!) but it just shows up red in pictures... it really depends on the lighting, the sun, and the angle.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Thanks for the questions.

It does have LSD and traction control.

It is definitely Chili Red and has the gold flake appearance in the paint. It is by far the most beautiful paint color I have ever seen. It is amazing in person and cannot really be captured in photography. It is a very similar to the Ardent Red but has that gold pop. It is not crazy like the ghetto candy paint though. It is just right for an exotic car. It has to be seen to be appreciated.
I have to agree with that statement. Chili red does look amazing

·
Registered
685 Posts
I love Chili Red in person as well :D

It's a very attractive, sharp color, wouldn't mind a 240 or 260 in Chili Red.

:UK:

·
Registered
514 Posts
I took some pics in the sun today. This is not the car for sale, it's just showing what Chili Red looks like to those who may not have seen it in person.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I wanted to edit this and change the asking price to $49,900, but I can't figure out how to edit the original post at all. Anyone know how to do it?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 29 Posts