The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2007 Lotus Exige S(Ardent Red). I purchased it 3 weeks ago BRAND NEW with zero miles.

I have gotten in over my head as I just found out my gf is having an unexpected pregnancy.

The car now has 1900 miles mostly all freeway as I purchased from out of state.

I have already done the 1k service at lotus and warranty is still valid after ecu dump.

I dont even have plates for the car yet thats how new the car is!!!

It is equipped with: touring Package, Sport suspension(not track pack), star shield, AD048 Tires, Stage 2 factory option exhaust, traction control, limited slip, power door locks, power windows

Price: $53,995
will add pics hopefully very soon

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Crazyhandles - I've been a lurker for a long time and your threads and questions have often been replied to with snide comments and put downs - presumably because you are 19 and there are a lot of jealous people around. You take it well and have showed a lot of character in my opinion. We all run into speedbumps and unexpected circumstances in life. There are these new things they invented btw - condoms ................. just kidding!

Anyway, if you are serious about selling the Exige market it heavily as soon as you can. There are dealers offering new ones for $50k now because of the 240 and you know how everyone has to have the latest and greatest. Time is not on a seller's side.

List it with pics here, Craigslist, Ebay, Cars.com, and Autotrader. Your car is essentially new so you shouldn't take a big hit. Many paid $10k more than you for the same car.

Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
351 Posts
PM sent.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Good luck with the sale but more importantly congrats on the kid!

Mine was the best thing that ever happen to me. Sorry for the thread hijack.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Bump for Crazy; you need to post detailed pics my friend. 'New' or not. Especially if you want to take a $5 loss!!! Kicks butt actually; you might just do it since you were one of the few that got a great price. If you want to sell it as 'new' you had better market it that way. Lots and lots of pics and convenience. "Pick you up at the airport" "Help with shipping". You are competing at a retail dealer level so you must make the purchase as easy as the dealer would make it. Eliminate doubts about the car. I know you have your hands full and all, but if you want to sell it think more like a dealer.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Free marketing:

This 2007 Lotus Exige S Coupe features a 4 Cylinder Engine 4cyl Gasoline engine. It is equipped with a 6 speed manual transmission. The vehicle is RED with a Black Leather interior. It is offered with a full factory warranty.

The Lotus Exige is unlike any other car on the road. It's better than any other car on the road in a lot of ways. One reason is that it weighs next to nothing, just over 2000 pounds, due to a unique construction of aluminum honeycomb panels and structural adhesive. Yes, glue, but don't worry, the Exige actually has one of the stiffest structures out there.

Start with the looks. Car-woman analogies may be clich & cute; but it's damn near impossible to look at the Exige and not compare the curves.

The front end of the car looks like something out of a really bad sci-fi horror movie, the side, a bee with it's wings clipped off and the rear looks like nothing else out there.

Don't just take our word for it-everyone else thinks the Exige looks great, a lot more aggressive than the Elise, like it has an agenda, too. Park the car and watch the swarm of people gather around asking you millions of questions.

Before driving the car, you have to figure out how to get in and out of it. It's more of a lesson on how to manage sliding in without banging your head and pulling a muscle. Once you're in, you'll come to realize that there isn't much to the vehicle. That's exactly the point, you are driving the car, not taking a trip with about 1000 devices at arms reach, that are nothing but a distraction. This is a driver oriented car with driver controls.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Interested party here. Please check your voice mail/PM!-poke-

·
Registered
351 Posts
Any updates. Still for sale?

:shrug:

·
Registered
351 Posts
rotfl I sincerely hope he's enjoying the car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts