Hey all, it's time for me to sell my 2007 Lotus Exige S. This car is set up to race, but has not been used in wheel-to-wheel competition, just a few TTs and lots of track days; all it needs is a window net, kill switch, and fire suppression system (series rules may vary). It also makes a great TT or HPDE car (which is what I use it for).
- Transmission: Blackwatch Racing C64 Transmission (RECENTLY BUILT), stock final drive, factory LSD, transmission cooler, Alitech shifter connected to LETSLA with new cables; ACT HDSS clutch with Fidanza flywheel (JUST REPLACED)
- Engine: BOE Fab long-rod motor (~30 hrs), JRC head, stage 3 cams, Ferrea solid rockers (no VVTi, no cam-wipe), BOE rear oil cooler, gPan2 oil pan, BOE catch can, Sector111 ProRad triple pass radiator with dual SPAL puller fans, REV400 s/c with front HEX and custom tune (tuned at BOE), aluminum coolant swirl pots and Canton aluminum recovery tank, BOE fuel surge tank; currently running WATER and Water Wetter which WILL FREEZE in cold temps (I'm in CA); 355 whp, 255 wtq
- Interior/Exterior: passenger & driver Tillett B5 seats, schroth 6-point harnesses, AiM MXS data acquisition with lambda O2, oil pressure, oil temp, water temp, fuel press, trans temp, QR hub and OMP trecento wheel, cage, polycarbonate windshield and rear window, BOE clam hinge kit, carbon fiber roof
- Suspension: Penske D/A 550f/800r (RECENTLY REBUILT); blackwatch nylatron bushes (JUST REPLACED), Elise Parts steering arms, BOE drop joints (fixes roll center, ride height at 117f/120r), track pack sway bar, SSC upgraded rear toe link kit
- Brakes: AP Racing 315mm F/ 330mm R big brake kit and Carbotech XP10/8 pads, braided stainless lines
- Aero: ReVerie clam-mounted wing, ReVerie splitter, ReVerie side skirts APR canards, difflow diffuser; approx 700 lbs of total downforce at 100 mph per ReVerie wind tunnel testing
- Wheels: Toyo R888R 205/45-16 and 235/40-17 on Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 wheels (16x7 et30/ 17x8 et38) mounted on wheel studs
This car is fast VERY fast. 1:35 at Laguna on sound-restricted days, with two mufflers (dual STs). 1:55 bypass/1:57 cyclone at Thunderhill, 1:48 Sonoma... faster driver could easily get another 2-3 seconds out of it all around. Suspension is dialed to be on the safer side; a looser setup would be faster. Data logs for the entire engine and trans life.
There are really only three areas that have to be tended to:
- oil consumption - car consumes oil through the catch can and (I believe) through the rings, primarily when cold (i.e., longer sessions don't meaningfully lead to increased consumption, as far as I can tell). I take a spare quart with me for the whole day, but I don't use the whole thing to top up between sessions. My understanding is that while not ideal, this isn't too uncommon with a race motor revving this high with this level of boost.
- trans temps - I added the trans cooler because heat killed the last trans. With the trans cooler, I'm seeing temps at 190F, which is ideal.
- the polycarbonate windshield is currently reinforced with aluminum stock attached directly to the windshield. When I bought the windshield, I was told it wouldn't flex, but it does. This was a retrofit, and it works for that purpose (i.e., the windshield no longer deflects at 130+ mph). However, ideally, the aluminum should be mounted to the car, through the windshield.
The car has never been crashed. Prior to my ownership, the PO hit a rabbit and the front clam was repaired with very minor damage. I have had the clam off multiple times and the repair was excellent. I also repainted the clam in 2015 and got it wrapped. Headlights are included in the sale. Car is sold as-is with no warranty, express or implied. Title is included. Mileage on the chassis is approximately 85k.
A full photo dump will be available here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GLPZEv59NWNX7rz7Vx_Oczz3fpClMwfZ
I am offering it at a very reasonable $50k and will consider reasonable offers. I'll be at Laguna this weekend doing what may be my last hurrah, feel free to reach out and come see it in action.