The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

So I got a shiny new Bosch low profile wiper, ordered some Havoline 5W-40 (recommended in the Elise manual) and purchased a mobile 1 m1-209 filter, recommended on these forums, in lieu of the Toyota oil filter. I also ordered a replacement face plate for my head unit and am bringing the car in to Lotus on Monday because my left turn signal is loose. I think there are also 2 recall issues, an AC hose (for both the Elise and Exige) and a reprogramming (Exige only).

The rest of the things are minor, like valve caps and carpet screws.

Unfortunately, no manual came with my 2007 Exige S and I'm still curious about the features it has. I figured out how to toggle the TCS, but was wondering if there are multiple levels (1-10% to full wheel slip) on the 2007 S. BTW: the TCS is awesomely reassuring on my worn A048s in the pouring rain (new tires have been cycled and shipped already). I remember reading something about this features online. The other thing that's bugging me is resetting the trip odometer, but I'm sure I can figure this out from the Elise manual or the Elise itself.

Does anyone here know about the 2007 Exige S's traction control system or know where I can find a .pdf of a manual or service manual?

If anyone has a manual and lives around Long Island, NY, would they consider letting me scan the entirety of either and provide it to forum members on request (or does this blatantly and indecently violate copyright law).

Also, my Exige S is my daily driver (300 miles a week :( ), does anyone have good tips for babying this car aside from changing my oil every 3K miles?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Glad you're enjoying the car. Regarding the TCS, on the 2007, I'm of the understanding that it's an on/off situation. It's not variable. Regarding the trip odometer, you reset it by pushing the same button used to adjust the dash lights. It's on the steering column close to the key. Click it once to reset the odometer. Click and hold to adjust the dash lights. As for the manual, are you talking about the owner's manual or a shop manual? If you're talking about an owner's manual, it's the same manual as the Elise, but there's a small, separate addendum for the 2007 Exige S. I would imagine your local Lotus dealer can order one for you. If you're talking about a shop manual, it can be downloaded via Lotus's website. Check out this thread here:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/where-can-i-buy-factory-service-manual-68973/

It's been awhile, but I think it was something like $25-$50 for one day access to the .pdf version of the shop manual. HTH.

-Brad

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

Those .pdfs were worth the $25. If anyone else needs, please PM me. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts