The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Elise with LCD problem. When I start the car, the screen is working (fuel, miles, etc.) However, after a few minutes the fuel bar starts to fade in some areas. All other readouts are fine. I tried playing with dimmer control, but thats not the problem. Any feedback on this?? Thanx.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Mine does that too at times. I've read that it could be the heat. I think there has been a problem with the instrument clusters before but nothing Lotus would own up to. Some have had to have the dealer update or replace the instrument cluster as the fuel bar would not show up at all. Some have suggested rebooting the system by disconnecting the battery. I think its one of those quirky Lotus things.

·
$3(uR3 u$3r
430 Posts
Hi.

Mine started off blank. The replacement did what you are seeing. Had the cluster replaced twice under warranty before all was well. Seemed heat related. Odometer data is in the cluster and you will get a sticker on the inside door with current mileage. Hopefully yours is under warranty, as a new cluster is over $500. Replacement is the only solution. Sorry.

-Alex

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Hey I have a 2008 and I found this old thread......I seem to be having this same problem. It wasn’t there when I bought the car 6 months ago and only appears sometimes. But seems more frequent. Does any one have any experience with this? I see it on the fuel sometimes and on different numbers. Mileage mostly, but only one number usually.
Thanks for any help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts