The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just traded in my 05 Elise with Stage II exhaust for a new 08 Supercharged Elise with stock exhaust. Drove it home for 3 hours and I REALLY MISS the throaty sound of my Stage II. I called the dealer when I got home to get prices and what not. They called me back to say they still haven't released the Stage III version but they do make a Stage II for the supercharged Elise. He did not know if it was a single tip "Boxter" exhaust like on my stock 08 or if it was the usual twin tip exhaust on my old Stage II.

Wanted to know if you guys had any more info on the Stage III as far as release? Or if you have pix of the Stage II for a Supercharged Elise/Exige.

Thanx in advance....can't tell you guys what a different car this feels like!

John
Melbourne, FL

·
Registered
815 Posts
You should ask if you can trade exhausts with your old car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess almost anything is possible but I prefer the new mono-tip exhaust and from what I've read a non supercharged exhaust can be used but it's much louder than preffered. The ones designed for the supercharger are baffled more to keep the noise level even with a stage II non sc elise.

Idk...just what I've read

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
You should ask if you can trade exhausts with your old car.
Won't work - it will fit but the internal size of the NA exhausts is smaller than the SC cars.

Another example is Larini has larger inside diameter than Arqray.

It would be good to know what the best choices are for supercharged cars.

I would like a nice loud replacement for my Stage II with less restricted flow.

Any Ideas ???

·
Vendor
3,299 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
This is interesting, because I assumed that changing the exhaust would be a non issue. I could understand if someone wanted to change the decat downpipe or further upstream from just the exhaust.

I was hoping to 'just bolt on' a Larini sport style exhaust (the one that goes thru the bottom standard factory rear diffuser hole).

Am I correct in reading that us 2008 Supercharged owners are limited in our choices for exhaust?

I'm confused.:(

so it looks like new SC owners like myself, ivan1, madguppy, et. al. are in the same no-choice boat?

So...What are the choices we 2008 SC owners have that are easy upgrade 'bolt on' ? :shrug:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Frosty,

I'm going back to the dealer next Wed to have my 1k service and get a few things fixed on the car...I love it when my new 70k vehicle comes broken from the factory but this being my 2nd one, I just took it with a grin. I called again yesterday about having the new exhaust put on and they are still gonna get back to me regarding the mono/twin tailpipe on the stage II exhaust for a supercharged elise...Ill let ya know as soon as they reply as I've yet to dig up anything on it via net searches.

·
Vendor
3,299 Posts

The 2bular exhausts have an N/A or S/C version with different internals optimized for one or the other. I'll dig up a pic here in a bit.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've spoken with Jim over at 2bular and they have a new cat-back exhaust for us 2008 Elise SC folks. I've put one on order so expecting it shortly and will write a review on it. They seem to be competitive in pricing to other systems but I’m not sure if the weight savings is the same with similar systems in his lineup. Here is the info from his site; you can also visit the site directly to check out the pictures. I think the largest system pictured is the 7"x24" with oval tip but you get the point. (2Bular - Performance Exhausts)

I wasn’t too happy with his US Distributor’s website, as they haven’t updated their site with the new offerings from Jim, but managing to get past that sticking point I’m sure to be pleased with the product in the end.

"New for summer 2008:

For the ELISE SC and the PERFORMANCE PACK EXIGE S – a 2bular exhaust design, featuring the popular 8”dia x 24” system. Owners looking for a Sports Car sound with no drone and discrete noise levels at Motorway speeds, this is the system for you. A re-designed layout means there is no cutting/profiling of the numberplate heat-shield required. The oval tip exits the diffuser panel same a std. You keep the rear grilles in place, the car looks like std, but now it sounds like it looks!"

·
Registered
205 Posts
groovy,

what is the ETA from your order date?

werer you reassured that installing won't trigger ECU codes?

keep us posted with clips.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
I got a Stage III exhaust in March 2008 when I got my 2008 Exige S240. The dealer (Lotus of Durham) offered to install it. I declined as they wanted too much. I did it myself. It sounds great, is smaller and lighter. The only problem is that my girlfriend camplains that it is too loud.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Argh. Just ordered the Von Hep for car a few days ago, today received email from BWR that Von Hep is no longer making mufflers. I guess I will switch to the Larini 6" from sector 111.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Wow that sucks about Von Hep I love mine! I am glad I got it when I did.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts