The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am debating selling my 08 Exige S 240 w/Touring Package and about 9,000 miles and was going to seek some advice from fellow Lotus enthusiasts. What is a fair asking price to start? I purchased it for $50k but it appears these cars have actually gained value over the last few years. A local dealership in Bellevue, WA had almost an identical car for $60k, just a different color. It's in great condition and has new tires and a performance battery and switch I purchased off sector111.com. I'm just looking for a general idea of what a reasonable asking price for interested buyers might be. Thank you for any help!

·
Registered
73 Posts
wow how did no one respond to you? weird...

I think there are 2 different buying groups, the collector who is willing to pay the premium for the low mileage show room car, and the driver who want the car to drive it.

collector. There are a lot of cars that get listed for that 60k price and they dont seem to sell. they just fall down the list and aren't seen again. (i could be wrong but some searching down the older pages will give you an answer)

Driver. I am currently looking to buy in the 30-40k range so getting your car is out of my range. I would expect your car to realistically fetch somewhere around the 50k mark. (+/- based on your patience)

Even in the best of circumstances the buyer population for these cars is pretty small but motivated when they come across the right car.

my .02 (which might not be worth much since i don't even have the car yet :)

·
Monaco Dreamin'
461 Posts
In my opinion the one at Park Place was grossly overpriced (all of their cars are). That one had been for sale on and off for over a year now.

As for yours, you might make a little money on it but not a whole bunch. Start at $55 and see what happens, but I think it will end up being more like $50-51.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I Purchased the one at the dealership in Bellevue Washington two weeks ago for $54k, with 8k miles on it. It came with rear view camera, traction control, and Lotus certification as the only 2008 S 240 Black on Black in the USA with those options.

To be fair; My wife got it for me for Christmas, I just picked it out. I see a lot of wife bashing on the site so here goes "props to the few that understand a mans needs"

Hope the above helps....now its time for some mods!

I

·
0 Posts
My guess is this should exchange private party hands for high 40s while a dealer would offer low 40s to purchase.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
50~55k sounds reasonable.
Battery and battery switch probably doesn't add value, but won't hurt either.
But I think the biggest selling point is that the car looks brand new, and it's pretty low mileage.
Maintenance records, proof of oil cooler hose recall, and ECU data printout might boost buyer confidence.

·
Registered
345 Posts
With your color and low miles......$55k to $59k. I haven't seen a clean 08 sell for less than $50k for years, and most selling in the mid to high $50's.

You WILL make money on this when you sell it. However, I wouldn't advertise what you paid for it because the buyer will try to rationalize in their head that you shouldn't make any money on it when you sell it. rotfl

Personally, I'd delete this thread.....take a TON of good photos and make a great for-sale thread and ask the mods to lock it as soon as you post it. That way interested parties have to contact you and it eliminates lame comments from the peanut gallery (guys without $50k in their pocket but want your car). :clap:

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
I personally think you may ask as much as you want for a car but the reality is the buyer dicktates the price, capiche?

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Beautiful ride. Yes 50-55 feels right to me too.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I say $60k obo, as the car is low miles..9k miles is low no matter how you look at it!!!

Take great photos, post it up and see what happens. You are selling at a great time...you may sit on it for awhile, but still totally worth it.

And they are right, delete how much you paid for it off this thread.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello, I am debating selling my 08 Exige S 240 w/Touring Package and about 9,000 miles and was going to seek some advice from fellow Lotus enthusiasts. What is a fair asking price to start? I purchased it for $50k but it appears these cars have actually gained value over the last few years. A local dealership in Bellevue, WA had almost an identical car for $60k, just a different color. It's in great condition and has new tires and a performance battery and switch I purchased off sector111.com. I'm just looking for a general idea of what a reasonable asking price for interested buyers might be. Thank you for any help!

If this is still for sale. CAn you message me? I didn't see a sold post.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts