The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you've followed my recent 'Newbie wants an Exige...' thread, you'll know I recently drove an '06 Exige and fell in love. The salesman at my local dealer offered to look around for an '08 Exige S in the color I like and give me a call today. I heard from him and he told me that there were no '08 Exige S cars (of any color) in stock at ANY dealer in the US. He claimed that dealers only ordered the S240 for '08. I thought this sounded a bit odd, but I did a spot check of the inventory of a handful of dealers that sponsor this forum and indeed not a single one of them had an '08 Exige S. Lots of Elise SC, some S240 and some '07 Exige S, but no '08 Exige S. Has anyone actually seen an '08 Exige S in stock at a US dealer?

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
I've neither seen one nor heard of one in stock :shrug:.

That means you need to get the 240S :shift:.

:sheep:

·
Registered
269 Posts
:shrug:Am I missing something? There is no "08 Exige S" except as the 240 or "S240" only 07 is "Exige S" per se. If you're only wanting a 220 hp in an 08 Exige, look for a Club Sport. :wave:

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
:shrug:Am I missing something? There is no "08 Exige S" except as the 240 or "S240" only 07 is "Exige S" per se. If you're only wanting a 220 hp in an 08 Exige, look for a Club Sport. :wave:

There is an '08 Exige S. The clubsport is a variant of that model with some fancy paint job and maybe some other goodies.

To the OP: Why exactly do you want the 2008 Exige S? Is it because you want a NEW car but do not want to pay for the 240? Or is it because you want the slight rear visibility afforded by the non-IC models?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Even though there are some great deals to be had on the '07 Exige S, less than a handful of dealers ordered this car in '08 due in part to plenty of left over '07's, the introduction of the SC Elise & Exige S240.

If you have to go with an '08 model, my only recommendation would be to go with the Club Sport model which the factory made 20 of.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To the OP: Why exactly do you want the 2008 Exige S? Is it because you want a NEW car but do not want to pay for the 240? Or is it because you want the slight rear visibility afforded by the non-IC models?
The primary reason is due to the cost of the S240. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought there was virtually zero rear visibility in an Exige S as well. Perhaps a NOS '07 Exige S is the way to go.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Lotus confused everyone...

The primary difference between the '08 Exige S and '08 Exige S 240 is that the Exige S uses a smaller supercharger and is not intercooled. The 240 uses a larger blower and is intercooled, LIKE the '07 Exige S.

You mentioned that the NA Exige you drove had some rear visibility. The '08 Exige S will have the same amount of visibility due to the lack of an intercooler.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lotus confused everyone...

The primary difference between the '08 Exige S and '08 Exige S 240 is that the Exige S uses a smaller supercharger and is not intercooled. The 240 uses a larger blower and is intercooled, LIKE the '07 Exige S.

You mentioned that the NA Exige you drove had some rear visibility. The '08 Exige S will have the same amount of visibility due to the lack of an intercooler.
Got it, thanks very much for the explanation.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Lotus might claim so, but they're full of crap. Even the peak torque outputs are way off. 156 vs 165 for the '07. Right.... :rolleyes:

The '07 S is probably much closer in performance to the 240 S than Lotus wants us to know :p

The MP45 blower on the '08 S is 25% smaller in capacity than the MP62 on the '07 S.

·
Registered
197 Posts
This seems very odd. I'm leaning with the 07 S right now...but rearward visibility in an S is quite interesting.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts