The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Mr Steele
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Up for sale is my 2008 Lotus Exige s240 in aspen white.

Located: Atlanta, GA
Mileage: 32,985
Price: 73,999

I purchased this amazing car in Feb 2019 with 23k miles. This car is in fantastic shape and meticulously maintained. It spends most of its time in my climate controlled garage, but when I do take it out for a Sunday drive this thing turns heads like you would not believe.

I purchased the car bone stock aside from a pro alloy radiator that had recently been put in by the previous owner during the oil line recall service. (All recalls and scheduled maintenances are complete)

Reason for selling: It’s time to make the jump to the next car on my dream car list.
A GT3

Over the course of my ownership I have done a few modifications to the car that I felt it should have come with from the factory. It is currently setup perfectly in my eyes and how I imagined an Exige Should have come stock.
All of the changes I’ve done to the vehicle are things that ultimately make the car more predictable and also more usable for spirited street use and or the occasional track day.
My mind set was to think of it as if Lotus made a Porsche GT car. Everything is more performance focused but I also changed all the little things that make a stock Lotus feel unfinished for example (shifter, headlights, brake bias, suspension setup, engine noises and drivability, as well as over all performance and reliability.)

(All of the modifications were done to the car roughly at the same time between March 2019 - March 2020. The car has been perfect for the last year and a half no issues what so ever starts up every time and is as reliable and predictable as my 2017 Miata which is saying something)

Interior: 8/10
Exterior: 8/10
Overall the paint is in great shape and the full PPF wrap makes the car looks immaculate.
The side sills near the scoops are not perfect. (Rock magnets)
The rear clam under the L in Lotus has a small spider crack where the OEM battery slipped out of its mount and hit the inside of the clam. (To my knowledge this even happened in 2011 and has been in the same state since) it irritated me at first but it’s not very noticeable in the grand scheme of things so I just let it be and enjoyed the car.

Modifications

Inokinetic Blade 300 kit
  • Pro alloy IC (with supplemental inlets)
  • pro alloy radiator
  • 2.9” pulley
  • sonic fury OG exhaust
  • DMC header + cat/cat delete pipe
  • shiftr 111 full kit. Stiffeners, cables, rear assembly, etc
  • sector 111 rubber floor mats
  • Sector 111 F&R toe hitches
  • Silsak (glove box/bag)
  • ztronix wideband/oil temp
  • inokinetic motor mount inserts
  • inok
  • dna front and rear sway bars/end links
  • racecraft single adjustable coilovers
  • sector 111 steering arms
  • sector 111 toe links
  • sector 111 license plate shroud delete
  • diff flow rear diffuser
  • g lock g8 front pads
  • g lock g10 rear pads
  • sector 111 2 piece rotors F&R
  • full Xpel gloss PPF / ceramic coat
  • Xpel ceramic window tint windshield/side windows
  • Schroth profi ii 4 point harness
  • Rs134 RAC monolites satin black / yoko A052 245/40/17 195/45/16
  • new thermostat/water pump/coolant res OEM Toyota (9/2020)
  • g pan v4 baffled oil pan
  • ngk iridium plugs
  • alien tech tuner obd2 (Safe tune to compensate for smaller pulley and larger injectors.)
  • grp v2 tail lights
  • Custom headlights GT3 projectors and upgraded retrofit HIDs (kaizenlighting) You can actually drive the car at night now haha
  • stock lss wheels satin black with RE71r 245/40/17 205/35/16
— I have all the OEM parts —

Thank you for viewing my ad.
If you have any questions feel
Free to ask.
NO TRADES

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,337 Posts
Nicely done ad! GLWS!

Reactions: Devilstar

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
Am I reading correctly that the cat is gone?

·
Mr Steele
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Am I reading correctly that the cat is gone?
The car currently has the DMC cat. And passes emissions flawlessly. I have the “non catted” pipe that will come with the car. Zero CELs. No smells or anything you wouldn’t expect from an OEM car

·
Mr Steele
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any body work done to the car, from cracks or accidents?
No accidents
The previous owner parked the car on the street in front of his house and the drivers mirror got swiped. but it just broke the mirror (glass) part. Which has since been replaced with an OEM mirror. The drivers front had paint scuffing which has been buffed and resprayed.

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
1,418 Posts
Dude, I also seriously enjoyed watching your build videos on YT...everything was done so cleanly and with such care. And you were doing a lot of the stuff in your garage, by yourself...it was straight up inspirational. It was like a masterclass on making these cars as good as they can be. The ShiftR111 installation was particularly impressive, and then I saw you had an engineering background and I was like, "ah, that makes sense..."

One of the nicest Exiges out there, GLWS!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Mr. Steele, beautiful car. Miss my 08 240. Might need to replace it. While I appreciate the tasteful mods, a lot of work required to return it to stock. In Calif. it has to pass a visual smog inspection. Would you be able to ship all OEM parts with the sale of the car? GLWS!

·
Mr Steele
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mr. Steele, beautiful car. Miss my 08 240. Might need to replace it. While I appreciate the tasteful mods, a lot of work required to return it to stock. In Calif. it has to pass a visual smog inspection. Would you be able to ship all OEM parts with the sale of the car? GLWS!
It's a decent amount of work to get back to stock if you are swapping the header back and forth, however the car is so exotic looking anyways I've never heard if anyone having issues with the car not looking stock. :) however I'm sure I can get all the parts on the transport vehicle for you. I've got some pretty good connections is the car transport world.

·
Mr Steele
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dude, I also seriously enjoyed watching your build videos on YT...everything was done so cleanly and with such care. And you were doing a lot of the stuff in your garage, by yourself...it was straight up inspirational. It was like a masterclass on making these cars as good as they can be. The ShiftR111 installation was particularly impressive, and then I saw you had an engineering background and I was like, "ah, that makes sense..."

One of the nicest Exiges out there, GLWS!
hahah. Thanks! When you want things done right you just have to do them yourself :)

·
Registered
Exige S & M2C
24 Posts
This is still here!? If i didnt just buy mine, i'd be alll over this one..
Beautiful car, GLWS!

side note: i notice 2 catch cans in the engine bay, but i dont see those listed in the ad. In-case anyone missed it :)

·
Mr Steele
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is still here!? If i didnt just buy mine, i'd be alll over this one..
Beautiful car, GLWS!

side note: i notice 2 catch cans in the engine bay, but i dont see those listed in the ad. In-case anyone missed it :)
I've got a gentleman that wants it, we have worked out a price, however if you want it send me an Offer

thanks for the miss parts haha those catch cans

·
Premium Member
4,565 Posts
Available?
Any dyno pulls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT in Formula Red, coordinated black+red interior, windowed engine hatch
721 Posts
Drat, I was just in ATL and didn't know about this. Would have loved to check it out in person. My bank account might not have appreciated it, though. :eek: But my Evora GT would have loved a stablemate!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts