The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Exige SC K24A
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Clearly this isn't mine, but I've seen the car and have photos from after the accident. It was driven to my home. I do not believe it to be damaged that bad. Someone may get a deal. Reply here (please do not PM) if any questions.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been watching this for a while on IAAI out of curiosity. Previous auction history puts the value somewhere between the mid 20's to about 40k. I'm assuming this one is going to be closer or above that given the market and the fact that it looks as if it was hardly in an accident.

How did the accident happen? What do you assume will need to be repaired / replaced etc?

·
Premium Member
The Blue Meanie - 2006 Polar Blue Elise & Bernice - 2010 Chilli Red Mini Cooper S
1,888 Posts
A Polar Blue Exige? I needs it! 😆

·
Premium Member
3,816 Posts
I've been watching this for a while on IAAI out of curiosity. Previous auction history puts the value somewhere between the mid 20's to about 40k. I'm assuming this one is going to be closer or above that given the market and the fact that it looks as if it was hardly in an accident.

How did the accident happen? What do you assume will need to be repaired / replaced etc?
all the auction cars seem to go way higher than that. Hell an Elise might approach 40
Logic says a 70k clean title car with 10k damage should go for 40, bet it sees 50
No matter what the retail of our cars have been, I have not see a repairable sell for a number I would remotely be tempted by

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Well, an engine running video from a Salvage yard is a rarity for the Eliges there...

·
Registered
2006 Exige SC K24A
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A Polar Blue Exige? I needs it! 😆
Actually it's Liquid Blue, but it's not like you're swapping parts so go get it!

Well, an engine running video from a Salvage yard is a rarity for the Eliges there...
As mentioned, it was running and driving last I saw it. It drove onto the ramps as seen in the photo and drove about 1/4 mile (while still under owners care) since the incident.

The front wheels are reverse cross eyed and drivers door rubs where you see me pointing, that's all I saw for "real" issues but I'm not a pro. Exhaust is dented, clam and light damaged, line under car from where it high centered. A sensor wire was torn from one of the wheels. No fluids, no broken glass, etc. I tried somewhat to buy it back but insurance wanted it to go to auction and the owner just wanted to be rid of it at that point so I didn't push it. I have a photo of it from 20 mins prior and it was IMMACULATE and I had just referred to our cars as Beauty And The Beast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts