The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2008 lotus Elise California. Rare California package (1 of 20+) Low mileage with 2500 original miles reading on the odometer. Car was never titled, currently still has certificate of origin from Lotus Cars USA. Saffron yellow shell with the California package beige interior. This Elise has been heavily modified, a stock Elise is fun to drive but one improved like this is amazing. The improvements are as follows; Katana supercharger kit, TRD air intake, cat-delete, Larini sport exhaust, baffled oil pan, Sector 111 track toe links, Sector 111 track motor mounts, custom roll/harness bar, custom/modified oem seats to fit 6 point harness, Schroth profi II 6 point harnesses, Sparco 353 race suede steering wheel, Sector 111 quick release hub assembly, Sector 111/AP Racing 4 wheel big brake kit, Team Dynamics forged 260 cup race wheels, Nitron triple adjustable remote reservoir race coil-overs, ReVerie carbon 3-element diffuser, ReVerie carbon front splitter, ReVerie 1650mm carbon rear wing assembly, Plus many additional small accessories and maintenance items. I have receipts totaling over $52k in parts and labor for all the modifications.
Many pictures available on request.

My asking price is $50,000 obo

This Elise being an extra low mileage California package without any improvements is worth top dollar, and to buy a stock Elise and duplicate the build of this car would cost a lot more than my asking price.

Attachments

·
I Have Commitment Issues
2,911 Posts
2500 miles and a track setup.....how many of those miles are track miles? Is that wing clam mounted or hatch mounted? were any panels cut for the custom roll bar set up?

More pics would definitely help your sale espicially any pics of track damage. The side panel looks pretty beat up, is that just road grime?

How about maintenance history? how often did you change fluids?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car was intended to be a track day car, however it saw very little track use. It only saw 10-12 track days with a majority at the Brian Redmond targa 66. Most of the 2500 miles were from street use. The lotus has been very well maintained and never neglected. The markings on the quarters are tire rubber marks which most has been removed. Not to worry, there is clear bra over the nose, sills/rockers, and the quarters. The wing is mounted on the clam with vertical supports in the trunk. There is absolutely no damage whatsoever to the lotus. The rear interior panel was removed to accommodate the modified roll bar. The only areas of concern are the airbag light due to the race wheel, and the engine light due to the cat delete. This is an exceptional car and is a thrill to drive. Please don't hesitate to contact me for more info and pictures, thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In regards to the number of track time. The lotus usually accompanied a porsche gt3 rs and a radical sr3 rs, with the radical being used 75 percent of the time. So even though the lotus went to the 10-12 track days it was used sparingly.

·
Registered
142 Posts
You should post more pictures of the car taken with a decent camera. The picture you posted does not make the car look very flattering, especially the angle and the dirt on the side of the car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I understand that many potential buyers feed off of great pictures. Many of the pics were taken well before the interest in selling. With that said ill work on getting together a better collection of photos that make the car look more appealing. I tried to post more then one photo but I may need to resize them in order to allow more then just the one.
I'm not a great salesperson so any advise is always greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the interest and questions about the car. For others that might have the same thoughts, I don't have most of the parts anymore to return it closer to stock. All I have is the stock muffler assembly, a few little nick nacks, and the black soft top. When the car was first purchased and built it was unknown as to how rare the California package was, which would have made it nearly as valuable stock, if not more. Be that as it may, it's still a very unique car with a great list of improvements making this an exceptional driver.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The car has been sitting for quite a while. I visited with it to start and warm it up. Found the headliner started to sag a little so this will need to be addressed, should be an easy fix. Drove it around the parking lot and the pass airbag came loose, clips broke.
And in the original post I didn't mention that the paint on the top started cracking in the center along the edge, I can only assume from flexing. Doesn't look to bad with the yellow color.
I'm going to try and get a picture of the top posted very soon.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Can't believe it hasn't moved to a new owner yet.
Looking to buy a new home and need to move the lotus.
Open to "reasonable" offers

1 - 20 of 45 Posts