The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just won this bid on ebay and was wondering did this belong to anybody on here? only upgrades were Ohlins suspension and I noticed the cupholder is missing. It is going to be on its way to California pretty soon and I just wanted to know if it belonged to someone here or not.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clean-Car-Fax-Never-Hit-240hp-One-Owner-Fresh-Service-/291162338282?_ilink=&_trkparms=gh1g%3DI291162338282.N9.S1.M-194.R1.TR5&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=4JZieruhOLOk38cCN%252FbNMS2KwMU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
wow, pretty nice deal. Congrats!

·
Registered
606 Posts
I was looking at this...

Might be a total newb question, but something seems off about the interior. I have an S240 and the interior on the eBay car looks much different....they look like different seats, non leather wrapped console, and the doors/teardrops look stripped/taken out and replaced?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was looking at this...

Might be a total newb question, but something seems off about the interior. I have an S240 and the interior on the eBay car looks much different....they look like different seats, non leather wrapped console, and the doors/teardrops look stripped/taken out and replaced?
now that you pointed it out i notice it too, also fire extinguisher is missing but bracket is still there. we'll see how it is when i get it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Congratulations! I am also the new owner of a Phantom Black "S" ('07 for me) being shipped from back East (Philly for me) to the Bay Area (Berkeley for me) as we speak, so I probably know how you're feeling! Can't wait to take it out and play- and I'd definitely be up for a get together, as well. Cheers! (and sorry, I don't know anything specific about your car...)

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
I just upgraded from Elise to 08 s240.. Crazy fun boys! You guys are nuts for getting black.. These damn cars are hard to see as it is get some crazy loud exhaust and some loud racing stripes! I have the anti black..aspen white :ST:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went from a storm titanium elise to this, I was looking for white but nobody was selling so this will suffice. we should definitely do a meet

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm coming from a Graphite Grey Elise myself- looking forward to that torque! And I was seriously considering the LRG one still for sale (beautiful color) but it was a bit out of my price range. Seems like Exiges are a good value right now as Elises have climbed...

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Congrats, I put an offer on that car before it went on ebay when they were asking $53k, I think I offered $45k. It seems to be sand blasted though and I was told that it was tracked. Regardless that is a great deal, I ended up with a Phantom Back 06 exige w/ Katana. Have fun and again congrats!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was looking at this...

found this while google searching.

"Option packages for the Exige S and S 240 include a Touring Package, which adds full leather seat and door trim, an upgraded stereo with iPod connectivity, extra sound deadening, and full carpets. A Track Package includes adjustable suspension, while standalone options are a limited-slip differential, various exclusive paints, and a protective exterior film called Starshield. No optional equipment is available for the Club Racer."

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
If you check the front sway bar, the track pack will have a yellow sway bar....for the LSD, check the label on the transmission - you can see it through your engine bay. IIRC the third letter is O for open, if it's L it's LSD

·
Registered
386 Posts
Car looks similar (color, 4-pt belts, etc.) to one I've seen at various track events here in the Northeast. The one I'm thinking of belonged to an instructor.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you check the front sway bar, the track pack will have a yellow sway bar....for the LSD, check the label on the transmission - you can see it through your engine bay. IIRC the third letter is O for open, if it's L it's LSD
yep, will plan on checking that once received.

Car looks similar (color, 4-pt belts, etc.) to one I've seen at various track events here in the Northeast. The one I'm thinking of belonged to an instructor.
I've heard that is was tracked before, hopefully it was well maintained by the instructor if it was his.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
That's a great deal you got there!
From the look of the car and what others have mentioned, I wonder if the interior have previously been upgraded with carbon bits or stripped. Some of the leather trim, namely the door teardrops, center console, lower e-brake cover, and maybe the door sill seems to have been replaced with plastic ones.
OR it's entirely possible that Lotus just didn't put those in from the production line (parts unavailable, etc).

It looks like it had a four-point harness at one point. I see the lab belts still being in there, probably using Sector 111's hardware kit, but I don't see the shoulder belts in the pictures. I wonder the original owner took it out along with the fire extinguisher...

.. and from the second look of the pictures, the seats look more like cloth wrapped, which leads me to believe the car just didn't have the leather interior package from the get go. If you want bling, then just replace those bits with the CF bits: the seats, the shifter shroud, teardrops, door sills, etc. :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's a great deal you got there!
From the look of the car and what others have mentioned, I wonder if the interior have previously been upgraded with carbon bits or stripped. Some of the leather trim, namely the door teardrops, center console, lower e-brake cover, and maybe the door sill seems to have been replaced with plastic ones.
OR it's entirely possible that Lotus just didn't put those in from the production line (parts unavailable, etc).

It looks like it had a four-point harness at one point. I see the lab belts still being in there, probably using Sector 111's hardware kit, but I don't see the shoulder belts in the pictures. I wonder the original owner took it out along with the fire extinguisher...

.. and from the second look of the pictures, the seats look more like cloth wrapped, which leads me to believe the car just didn't have the leather interior package from the get go. If you want bling, then just replace those bits with the CF bits: the seats, the shifter shroud, teardrops, door sills, etc. :)
From what I gathered it doesn't have the touring package which has all the leather bits and the 08 shares the same cloth seats as the Elise, we'll see once I receive it. I'll be sure to post pictures

·
Premium Member
2,900 Posts

I'm pretty certain I've been in the passenger seat of your new car?
Do you know the name of the previous owner?
If so, I can confirm if it was an instructors car. He's a great guy, smart guy, that definitely took care of the car. His wife has/had? an Elise and I believe they also have some P-cars. If it's his car, it had harness belts in both seats and I believe craft square mirrors.
Between him taking me out on the track in that car at NewHampshire Motor Speedway, and brgelise taking me out in his car, it sealed the deal for me to move on from my supercharged Miata. I bought my Elise a couple of months later.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The previous owner of this exige name is Penn. The car is scheduled to be delivered next Wednesday/Thursday.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts