The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure if I can post for a friend, but mods please delete if inappropriate. This is from his craigslist ad. Please do not PM me - just helping out a friend who's not on LT.

2008 Lotus Exige S240, 1200 miles - $62K (FIRM), Norcal
all factory options: storm titanium, starshield, LSD, track package and touring package (MSRP $72,500)
purchased in April 2008
breakin tuneup completed in June 2008
options added after purchase: $12,000.
full Reverie carbon fiber: side skirts, rear spoiler, rear diffuser, front diffuser / spoiler
custom Racing Dynamics powder coated wheels: 18 X 9 rear, 17 X 8 front. Yokohama 215 front, 245 rear.
Racemark carbon fiber side mirrors
Schroth racing harnesses driver and passenger, chrome fire extinguisher
carbon fiber center console
rear camera / interior monitor
clear armor full front of car
Larini (new) sports exhaust (not installed yet)
all stock parts still available

Call Jeff:
cell: 510-390-0731
home: 408-356-6546
work: 510-572-6016

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Link fixed. Per Jeff, reason for selling is to keep the peace at home...

Cheers,
-Darryl

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Those pics are terrible.

·
Registered
584 Posts
sell the Girl instead... the car will be much less finicky TADTS
In California, selling the car will be waaaay cheaper than a divorce - trust me, I just finished my payments this month after many, many, many years (hence the Lotus is now in sight).

I saw this car Sunday night and it made me seriously reconsider my waiting for an '09. My daughter is in SF and I would have her check it out in a second. If I only knew if what we were getting from Lotus in '09. Decisions, decisions!!!

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Wonder if those tires may have rubbing issues? Hard to see from the small pictures

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just got an email from Jeff. So no rubbing on the wheels & all stock parts come with the car.

Some higher res pics of the car:

Cheers,
-Darryl

PS: *IF* the Reverie items do not go with the car, I'm going to twist Jeff's arm to give me dibs on those... :)

·
Registered
693 Posts
Very nice... Sucks that I'm still here in Japan. :banghead:

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Just a thought that you might want to inform him of...

It seems much easier to get your money's worth parting out those big ticket items rather than just selling them with the car.
If this was an '05 maybe but due to the fact that Lotus did not produce many cars in '08, the price of this car to include all the tasteful mods would sell and it might take a week or two however, it'd definitely sell in that price range.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
If this was an '05 maybe but due to the fact that Lotus did not produce many cars in '08, the price of this car to include all the tasteful mods would sell and it might take a week or two however, it'd definitely sell in that price range.

Yeah, it would sell, but you would get more total by selling all of the items separately. If you have $10k worth of stuff on your car, people really don't want to add $5k+ to the total of the sale for those parts. They'd rather pay the money later on their own accord. That's just what I've observed.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Taking the parts out of the equation it's still a good deal. You are saving $10k (and destination charges, etc too) for it only have 1200 miles. With the parts, it's a pretty awesome deal.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Yeah, it would sell, but you would get more total by selling all of the items separately. If you have $10k worth of stuff on your car, people really don't want to add $5k+ to the total of the sale for those parts. They'd rather pay the money later on their own accord. That's just what I've observed.
Lets see...MSRP was $72,500 and he's asking for $10K off that? Without the mods he can sell the car between $60K-$62K so him asking $62K to include $12k worth of mods is actually a great deal and he shouldn't have to part his mods out...he'll do just fine and that's from my experience.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Taking the parts out of the equation it's still a good deal. You are saving $10k (and destination charges, etc too) for it only have 1200 miles. With the parts, it's a pretty awesome deal.
Beat me to the punch SweetDaddyD...:D

·
Registered
584 Posts
Bump for a great deal, great color, great mods, oh someone just buy this one so I can stop drooling. :drool:

[Q: Since the OP is posting for a friend, is he the "OPP"? The "Original Posters' Pal" :D ]

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Lets see...MSRP was $72,500 and he's asking for $10K off that? Without the mods he can sell the car between $60K-$62K so him asking $62K to include $12k worth of mods is actually a great deal and he shouldn't have to part his mods out...he'll do just fine and that's from my experience.

I'm talking about the best deal he can get for himself, not the best deal the buyer can get. You said it yourself. He can get around the same price without the mods. By selling the mods separately, he can get much MORE.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts