The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Specifically for the US market, is there a Lotus Exige S and a Lotus Exige
S240 (with 20 more HP than the Exige S). I'm reading some conflicting
things on Edmunds and a bunch of other sites and am confused.

Thanx Much!!

- aLV

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Pretty much all 2008 Exiges are S240. You can tell by the roof scoop, if it's bigger then it's an S240, if it looks like the 2007 roof scoop it's just an S. Some people say they're aren't any 2008 Exiges in the US that aren't S240, but I've seen at least one, so take that for what it's worth.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Too expensive. There are differences in the ECU and I believe the injector sizes as well as the intercooler itself. I haven't seen a 2008 U.S. Exige S 220, only 240 S's.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Intercooled - S240.

No intercooler S 220.

Go to Lotus U.S. site.
Website will be changing soon however; it was wrong in stating that a 2008 Exige S220 did not have an intercooler....it does.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Website will be changing soon however; it was wrong in stating that a 2008 Exige S220 did not have an intercooler....it does.
Now I'm confused. Is the only difference between an S and a 240 the ECU and injectors? I thought the S had the same set up as the Elise SC.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I just saw a 08 exige s w/ small roof scoop and intercooler @ overseas motors in dallas ( it was new, i'm 90% sure it was an 08). They also had a 240.. Both were yellow

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Differences between the S and 240 include; big brake kit, launch control, 20 HP additional on S240 and larger roof intake on the S240. The Club Racer Exige, which was an early 2008, used the 2007 engine/ intercooler set-up and was technically an Exige S. While I never saw one, the standard Exige S should NOT have an intercooler and uses the same set up as the Elise SC, as Rat27 said.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Differences between the S and 240 include; big brake kit, launch control, 20 HP additional on S240 and larger roof intake on the S240. The Club Racer Exige, which was an early 2008, used the 2007 engine/ intercooler set-up and was technically an Exige S. While I never saw one, the standard Exige S should NOT have an intercooler and uses the same set up as the Elise SC, as Rat27 said.
Thanks Robert. So are there really 3 different Exiges? S - no intercooler, S220 - intercooler and big roof, S240 - all the other stuff. My head's spinning.

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Thanks Robert. So are there really 3 different Exiges? S - no intercooler, S220 - intercooler and big roof, S240 - all the other stuff. My head's spinning.
It get's worse. For the 220Hp version, the intercooler was for 2007 and the 2008 Club Racer only. The 2008 S 240 has the intercooler as does the S 260 for 2009. So actually there are 4 different versions so far not including the track and NA cars (that would add another 3 for the U.S.).

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Robert, The Exige S220 was never meant to be built without the intercooler however; one of the MANY mistakes from E2Amp Inc. and old regime confused the public by stating on the website and brochures that this was an option for 2008.

Our Vancouver dealer ordered a vehicle for their client and on the order form the dealer wrote intercooler delete however, when the vehicle came in, it had the i/c. A conference call to England later confirmed E2Amp's mistake. So in essence, you have:

Elise
Elise SC
60th Anniversary
Exige S (intercooler is standard)
Club Racer (basically an Exige S dressed differently)
Exige 240
2-Eleven

Elise
Elise SC
Jim Clark Type-25
Exige S
Exige 240
Exige 260 Sport
2-Eleven

1 - 12 of 12 Posts