The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen, I am in the process of buying a 2008 Exige S240 from a private seller. The vehicle is one-owner, has a little under 5,000 miles and appears to be in great shape. A Lotus dealership will inspect the car, perform an ECU dump, and an engine leak-down test before I take it.

Does this Carfax seem strange? I only scanned one page since the others have no information beyond 5/27/08.

I appreciate your time.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Doesn't seem strange. My car has dealer service listed, so maybe you can assume it never visited the dealer for service or warranty. Any other service records like an oil change? If you have the dealer do an ECU dump and inspection I wouldn't be overly concerned. Why no record of the car having renewed registration? If the car is registered now, obviously Carfax is not very accurate.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Looks fine, but as most people are aware, CarFax doesn't always capture everything. I know of one 2008 S240 that had bodywork done at a reputable shop that was covered by insurance and it does NOT show up on the CarFax.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Looks fine, but as most people are aware, CarFax doesn't always capture everything. I know of one 2008 S240 that had bodywork done at a reputable shop that was covered by insurance and it does NOT show up on the CarFax.
Oh great....now you just scared all current 2008 S240 owners. :crazyeyes

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the responses. The owner indicated that the car was serviced at an authorized Lotus dealership. Even less faith in Carfax haha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts