The Lotus Cars Community banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am putting my car up for sale. It is a 2009 Exige S240. I am the second owner.

The first owner did decide to do a color change to Scuro Blue Metallic, a Lamborghini color, and had it professionally done.

I bought the car with approximately 4500 miles. It currently has less than 6500 miles. I had some health related issues and the car sat in my garage for a few years. It was just gone through and refreshed by a performance shop here in Houston called Gashead Motor Works. I had them inspect it, replace all fluids, and replace the tires. I just picked it up today and it is running great.

Aside from the color change, the only other mod was a pair of RLS intercooler tubes. It is completely stock otherwise.

Current issues with the car are as follows.

The headliner is falling - I plan to have a local interior shop replace the headliner in the hard top. I hope to be able to do this in the next couple of weeks, pending work.

Paint - the paint job is very well done and the car was taken apart to spray. There are 2 small areas on top of the front clam, in the valley of the contours of the body, that look like hard water spots. I have tried to wax/polish these out, but have not had a professional try and polish them out. I was not able to get them to show up in pictures.

Door sill covers - The interiors on the 2009s have a soft matte coating on the interior parts. The door sill cover on the drivers side has some of this coating worn off where a person rubs when getting in and out of the car, there is also some wear on the passenger side, but not as much. I do have a set of flat carbon fiber door sill covers that the new owner could buy if they want to replace them.

I also have some extra parts that I would like to sell to the new owner if they are interested. I have an HKFever adjustable carbon fiber Exige rear wing. It is done in glossy 6k carbon and is 4 inches wider and 1 1/2 inches deeper than the stock wing. I have a carbon fiber Exige front lip to match the wing and I do not know the manufacturer. A difflow diffuser that is larger than the stock diffuser, a rear panel eliminator, and a Ti side exit exhaust.

Over all the car is in fantastic condition and everything works.

Due to the low miles and condition of the car and how few of these cars are on the market, I am listing the car at $65k or best offer.

I will not part out the car or sell the extra parts until the car is sold and the new owner has a chance to purchase them.

If you have any questions, want more information, or want to see specific pics, please let me know through private message or email.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello I am putting my car up for sale. It is a 2009 Exige S240. I am the second owner.

View attachment 1292304

The first owner did decide to do a color change to Scuro Blue Metallic, a Lamborghini color, and had it professionally done.

View attachment 1292305

I bought the car with approximately 4500 miles. It currently has less than 6500 miles. I had some health related issues and the car sat in my garage for a few years. It was just gone through and refreshed by a performance shop here in Houston called Gashead Motor Works. I had them inspect it, replace all fluids, and replace the tires. I just picked it up today and it is running great.

Aside from the color change, the only other mod was a pair of RLS intercooler tubes. It is completely stock otherwise.

View attachment 1292306

Current issues with the car are as follows.

The headliner is falling - I plan to have a local interior shop replace the headliner in the hard top. I hope to be able to do this in the next couple of weeks, pending work.

Paint - the paint job is very well done and the car was taken apart to spray. There are 2 small areas on top of the front clam, in the valley of the contours of the body, that look like hard water spots. I have tried to wax/polish these out, but have not had a professional try and polish them out. I was not able to get them to show up in pictures.

View attachment 1292309
View attachment 1292311

Door sill covers - The interiors on the 2009s have a soft matte coating on the interior parts. The door sill cover on the drivers side has some of this coating worn off where a person rubs when getting in and out of the car, there is also some wear on the passenger side, but not as much. I do have a set of flat carbon fiber door sill covers that the new owner could buy if they want to replace them.

View attachment 1292308

I also have some extra parts that I would like to sell to the new owner if they are interested. I have an HKFever adjustable carbon fiber Exige rear wing. It is done in glossy 6k carbon and is 4 inches wider and 1 1/2 inches deeper than the stock wing. I have a carbon fiber Exige front lip to match the wing and I do not know the manufacturer. A difflow diffuser that is larger than the stock diffuser, a rear panel eliminator, and a Ti side exit exhaust.

Over all the car is in fantastic condition and everything works.

Due to the low miles and condition of the car and how few of these cars are on the market, I am listing the car at $65k or best offer.

I will not part out the car or sell the extra parts until the car is sold and the new owner has a chance to purchase them.

If you have any questions, want more information, or want to see specific pics, please let me know through private message or email.
Gorgeous color😎😎🥰🥰🥰

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As far as I know. I do not have receipts for the paintwork. I do have a can with some paint in it and the formula for the paint in case it was ever needed.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Car is sold pending deposit/funds. Will update when finalized.

Reactions: Robocop305

·
Registered
748 Posts
About what I figured... turnaround for nice priced right stockish Eliges is about a day.. less for the supercharged Exiges..

Congrats to all
Yeah, that was fast... tha market is still hot!

Reactions: bmc350

·
Premium Member
2008 Lotus Elise SC and 2007 Porsche GT3
927 Posts
Well, it was very well priced. Look at the 2005 Elise with 24k miles that just sold in BAT for $60,500 plus 5% BAT fees.

·
Premium Member
WTB Exige S
27 Posts
I̶n̶t̶e̶r̶e̶s̶t̶e̶d̶.̶ ̶ ̶D̶o̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶w̶h̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶a̶i̶n̶t̶e̶d̶?̶ ̶D̶a̶m̶a̶g̶e̶d̶?̶ ̶ ̶C̶l̶e̶a̶n̶ ̶t̶i̶t̶l̶e̶?̶

Wow. Nevermind. Sheesh.
All these changed from last night...I did not refresh page.
Congrats on sale.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Or just really uninformed buyers with more money than sense. It's a great time for sellers.
I have been noticing the rapid rise of Elige prices and have been trying to decide if its just the oncoming inflation situation or something different or another contributing factor?
I wonder if the Emira reveal AND Lotus announcement that it will be their last ICE car has added to a slow realization that there will NEVER be another road legal car like them!
With Safety regs constantly adding weight, electric vehicles will also NEVER provide the same speed/lightness combo the Eliges could.
If it's the latter, I think the prices will continue to rise for some time, if the former, when all the latest auctions start to cool, so will the prices.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.