The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!
  • Notice image
    Reminder! You're responsible for closing your listing when your item is sold/found/traded - when doing so please select SOLD or FOUND. If you post phone numbers and emails in your ad, your listing will be deleted (this is for your personal protection). If posting a Want to Buy please be sure you have picked the correct listing type from the three selections, ie., Want to Buy - not For Sale or For Trade. Thanks for reading!

2009 Mazda 6 Available now!

4K views 29 replies 8 participants last post by  wallabyguy 
#1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They arrived this morning. Here's what we have in stock..........

i Sport Auto
Black Cherry/ Black Cloth

i Touring Auto
Comet Gray/ Black Cloth

i Grand Touring Auto
Perfromance White/ Beige Leather- Moonroof/ Bose

s Grand Touring
Silver Metallic/ Black Leather- Moonroof/ Bose

s Grand Touring
Black Cherry/ Black Leather- Moonroof/ Bose

Contact me (215-961-9912/ rkonick@faulknermazda.com) to arrange a test drive or discuss incoming inventory. Remember that all 2009 Mazda 6 are available with $500 owner loyalty incentives.

See less See more
#2 ·
I had some people call/ e-mail me about shipping. The answer is I can ship any car I have anywhere in the US. I can ship open or closed. If shipped closed, I use the same company that Lotus uses. If anyone needs a quote, let me know which car you are interested in and your zip code for a quote.

I also got questions abuot the Owner Loyalty Incentive. It is not necessary that you purchased your Mazda new, only that you have a current title or registraition. It can even be for a 1988 323 and you qualify. Pretty nifty huh.

#11 ·
Highly Recommended!

Mazda 6 is a perfect companion for a Lotus Elise/Exige, a perfect "second" car! It gives a tremendous amount of room for passengers and cargo, an exceptional handling and performance for a sedan, reliable, inexpensive and nice ride! My 2007 Mazda 6 gets 29 mpg and more than 30 mpg on longer trips. :D

I have the "i" 4 cylinder and the manual 5 speed and the 5 door (hatchback).
I highly recommend the Mazda 6. A cure for the SUV/pick-up blues!:D

Wallabyguy: Now, do I get a discount for a new Mazda 6?rotfl

--Hal

#12 ·
8/25....

Just arrived!

2009 Mazda 6 i Touring(i4)- Kona Blue- Conv. Pack, Moonroof

2009 Mazda 6 s Touring(v6-272hp)- Onyx Black- Conv. Pack

2009 Mazda 6 s Touring(v6-272hp)- Sangria Red- Conv. Pack

2009 Mazda 6 s Grand Touring(v6-272hp)- Comet Gray- Moonroof

Please call or email me for lotustalk.com pricing. Some dealers are charging premiums but I will discount the cars for you folks.

Current Mazda owners (regardless if you bought the mazda new or used) receive an additional $500 off.

#16 ·
Hi Robert. Care to give your driving impressions of the new 6?

My wife and I will be in the market around June-July when our Volvo S40 lease expires. Also, is open shipping from coat to coast about $1,000?

#18 ·
Hi Robert. Care to give your driving impressions of the new 6?..........................
Well I've driven both the S and I and every trim level, so this may take a while.

The car is much larger than the outgoing model. The new 6 is very quiet compared to the outgoing model. The new car has a Cd of only .27 and consideration was goven to every aspect of the car to keep things down to a minimum. There are even small wind deflectors on the front fo the wheel wells to move air around the tires!

The car has grown signifcantly and the ride shows it. The longer wheelbase provides much better ride comfort than the old car. The suspension is basically the same. All new parts but the design is very close. All that said, this is not a Lincoln and the car handles very well considering it's size. The suspension has been tuned to dial out a lot of the understeer as well as the nose dive when braking.

Brakes are enlarged and improved as is the steering. The turning radius is much better than the 03-08 car. This is quite a feat since the car grew so much in size.

The interior is cloth is, um, different. The material is almost a velour (sp) and feels funky. The pattern on the seat centers is a sort of maple-like strip and in beige it really looks out of place. The black cloth is better. I personally think leather is a muct for this reason alone.

The keyless start/ entry system is awesome. There are sensors in the front door handles that know when your hand is incerted into them, before you even pull on them, and unlock the doors. The interior instruments are a high point for the car. Everything feels high quality. People feel immediately comfortable in the car. The reason for this could be the Feng Shue (sp, again) that Mazda used in it's design. Everything is balanced from the controls on the steering wheel and the instument pod to the radio controls. It's really neat when you take notice.

The 2.5L 4 cylinder is a very nice engine. It has 170HP and moves the car around ok. It does get a little buzzy at higher RPM but it gets the job done. The 3.7L V6 on the other hand is simply awesome. It's matched with a great 6 speed auto box with a sport shift capabaility that actually works! It loves to hold gears and will downshift in a turn so you have tons of power to come out of it.

Some of the initial cars had some paint issues but the last few batches have been perfect. VIsually the car is stunning and, just like the Elise, no picture does it justice. The car has a great road appeal. It always gets looks on test drives. It looks much more expensive than it is.

Robert

#19 ·
Great Rental car !!!! I request them every time....( Hertz )

#20 ·
true. the 4 cylinder is quite popular with rental and fleet sales. the 6 cylinder is a whole different ball game. today I had someone who crossed shopped it against the Acura TL, Lexus ES, Infiniti G and bought the 6. The loaded GT with the 3.7 is one heck of a car.

#21 ·
even the 4 cyl moves pretty good !

#22 ·
If I can convince the client to try the 4 first, they often say just that. The 4 is good, even in the old car let alone the new one with the additional HP and torque. The problem is once you've driven a 6 cylinder, it's tough to go back the other way. That said, the 4 does get 30MPG which helps sway opinion.

#24 ·
I haven't driven one yet. My dealership didn't even know the car existed until I showed up and asked how many we had ordered a few months back. Our first R3s are now (after some tooth pulling) due in next month.

The whole RX8 line is revised this year. The interior is much better and the nav screen is a huge improvement over the old unit.

The exterior is a mixed bag, at least to me. The new front intakes are very agressive and I like the way the headlights and tailights have been altered. The new "accent" behind the front wheel wells looks like an aftetrthought. The new "corporate" grill suffers from a "mustache" bumperette which preaks up the otherwise beautiful lines of the car. If the car is dark, it get's away with it but lighter cars just don't look right in my opinion. The new MX-5 for 2009 has the same thing.:rolleyes:

I'll post driving impressions of the R3 when they arrive.

#27 ·
I am thinking of getting a GT black cherry/beige as a daily driver. Will try and test drive this weekend and then contact Robert to see what we can do to in regards to trade-in etc.

#30 ·
The 4 cylinder comes in SV (sport value- 6 speed manual only), Sport, Touring, Grand Touring

The 6 cylinder comes in Sport, Touring and Grand Touring

I'm off today but will check my inventory tomorrow. If we don't have it, I'll locate it and touch base with you tomorrow PM.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.