The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the the forum and I hope this is appropriate. Im may have to sell my 2009 purist elise. Im trying to figure out what it might be worth. I haven't seen many out there. This car is as new with ZERO track time/mods, 2,300 miles. Yellow, Soft top only.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
was the purist model supercharged?
No, the Purist Edition was Lotus's way of offering a model with a bit more value to reflect that the GBP/USD rate was softer at that time. It was a base Elise with a couple of the Touring Pack options included but priced a bit below the base Elise price at the time. They only made 25 of them and only offered Red, White, and Yellow. They're a nice mix of the options that were available at the time for a basic Elise setup.

Price-wise I'd say that being a Purist Edition shouldn't help or hurt the value relative to other 2009 Elises, which are fairly rare in general.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
There is a pursuit with more miles on it that was for sale a little bit ago for around $39k. Its amazing what these cars are bringing, you used to be able to buy a NEW Pursuit for $39k when times were a bit rougher.

·
hello
299 Posts
The purist edition had a bit of part of touring and sport pack goodies. It was cheaper than a "regular" elise that had both touring and sport packs. It was also lighter.

Early 2011 I got a price quote of 40k to buy a red 2009 purist edition without star shield from a dealer that had it sitting in the lot for a while. I hesitated for a moment and someone else jumped on it.

Anyway, I think a bit below 40k is a fair starting price. You might end up selling it for 34 35k eventually. You probably need to be patient for the right buyer though as the cars are not that different from 2005 and a lot of people won't pay the premium.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
I have a 2009 Purist Edition in Canada.

I believe they sold a total of 150 (50 Red, 50 White, 50 Yellow) in North America.

It came priced about $5000 less than a base model but included leather wrapped steering, leather seats, A/C and power windows.

Mine has been rock solid. I think by 2009 they had worked out some of the early generation issues.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Yes, David is right - it was 150 total, not 25. I posted that before my morning coffee :).

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
2300 miles? The world is your oyster. :) Where are you approximately located?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Info on the Purist Editions seems to be a bit sketchy. I couldn't find good data on exactly which options it had until after I purchased mine.

My certificate of provenance shows 33 Purist Edition Elises produced for the US, which jives with these numbers: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/lotus-elise-exige-u-s-production-figures-2005-2011-a-146442/

As far as I can tell it doesn't have any sport pack parts. The suspension, wheels and tires are the same part numbers as the base elise. The interior (as David said) had the leather seats, power windows, air conditioning and the touring soft top, but no carpet - just floor mats. I don't think they're any lighter than a base Elise; probably a few pounds lighter than a touring pack car due to the lack of carpet and cabin insulation.

I'd guess 38k for a pristine low mileage example like yours? As a fellow Saffron Yellow Purist Edition owner I might be biased..... :D

·
Premium Member
2,292 Posts
As a former Purist owner, I believe sdewey is correct. While 150 were expected to be built/sold, I believe the final numbers were much lower, though I cannot say what the total actually was. If there is a CoP for a Purist, then I think we can believe it to be accurate.

A long long time ago, under one of the many "which color is the rarest" posts, I speculated that Monaco White might just be in the running. If the total number of Purists was in the 30's, and as Ardent Red and Saffron Yellow also appeared on non-Purist cars, then Aubergine, Autumn Gold, and Monaco White may all be in the running.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the feedback

I posted this message & then had to leave town. Just wanted to thank you for the feedback. I am in the SF bay area. Hopefully I will post for sale soon on this site. Need to figure how & to be able to include photos. Probably need to have my kids help. Russ

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Notorious had a white one for sale in pristine condition. Very low miles, warranty, etc. He had a tough time selling it for some reason at $39K. I never could understand why. He got disgusted and traded it into a dealer. Good luck with the sale!

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
I pm'ed Notorious about his car ad 2 weeks after his last post in Sept, but he said the car was "sales pending" and that was the last I heard from him about it. If I had known he traded it to a dealer..still..I would of bought it at his $39k price with nothing changed..
Wasn't given the opportunity. Good luck on your sale though, rusty. Maybe I can sway my wife that another Lotus would keep my Lotus company..since he is so lonely in the garage. :)

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I have a 09 white purist with around 5k miles. I had it on ebay a couple months ago and got a serious offer for $39k. I have a hardtop, star shield, racing dynamics wheels, CF Reverie diffuser, leather center console, and a titanium arquay exhaust. I think people liked my car because I didn't have any holes drilled into the clams or have gaudy stickers all over it. It was VERY clean.

I decided to hang onto the car and put it in storage, since that value of these are continuing to climb and I know I won't find another version like this in it's condition.

Shame you have to sell it, but you should have NO problem getting 39k on ebay.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
i agree i think because the exposure is so large on ebay.- a bit off topic - but what do you think would happen to the value/market of all our cars if there was a network/cable advertising blitz about the Elige - everyone who gets cable becomes aware of the car's existence overnight? I think you would have at least 5,000-10,000 additional buyers who end up wanting to buy a well maintained car immediately or sooner. You would have people begging you to sell...at a price more than you paid.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts