The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am offering my well sorted Rossion Q! here on the forum prior to any general listing. I have owned my 2009 RUS0025 since July of 2013, and have been making it better and better. Currently, I have less than 17K miles on it. Engine is perfect, and has the factory approved flash upgrade which boosts output to about 480Hp. New Continental DW tires, new rear view camera, and iPod interface. The previous owner also installed an amplifier for the Pioneer unit. Sounds great. I have also upgraded with a hard pipe intake with upgraded coolant tank which improves air intake significantly. Also added a Tial BOV which sounds fantastic with lift throttle. Everything works, there are no surprises. The body is in near perfect shape and includes a clear bra up front. Let me know if you have any questions or would like to come see it. I will follow this post with some pics. Asking $62,900, which is discounted from the $64900 I will put on Ebay soon. Located in Cornelius, NC. Thanks.

Dave
[email protected]

Attachments

·
craigyirush
1,536 Posts
Cool car! How were they able to get it imported legally when we can't buy an Elise or a V6 Exige or a Ginetta G40 (which I really want!)?

Did they put it through the federal crash tests (which are surely too expensive for a low volume car maker)?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Cool car! How were they able to get it imported legally when we can't buy an Elise or a V6 Exige or a Ginetta G40 (which I really want!)?

Did they put it through the federal crash tests (which are surely too expensive for a low volume car maker)?
Rossions (and Nobles, Caterhams, Zenos, etc) are not imported as vehicles. That is illegal.

You can import car parts. You can import DOT approved wheels and tires, an approved windshield and lighting system. You can import frames or chassis. You can import shocks, brakes (DOT approved again!), seats, and more.

If most of those parts are bolted together, without a drivetrain, they can be imported for you to finish the build.

Registration is a different issue and more related to each state and their rules and DMVs.

You can import an unfinished Ginetta. There is no reason you can't.

Lotus is a different story.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Good luck with the sale. I also added a Tial BOV to mine, they all should have come with them! Sold mine to someone in Georgia.

·
craigyirush
1,536 Posts
Rossions (and Nobles, Caterhams, Zenos, etc) are not imported as vehicles. That is illegal.

You can import car parts. You can import DOT approved wheels and tires, an approved windshield and lighting system. You can import frames or chassis. You can import shocks, brakes (DOT approved again!), seats, and more.

If most of those parts are bolted together, without a drivetrain, they can be imported for you to finish the build.

Registration is a different issue and more related to each state and their rules and DMVs.

You can import an unfinished Ginetta. There is no reason you can't.

Lotus is a different story.
Thanks, Randy! Now you have me thinking that it's possible ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am offering my well sorted Rossion Q! here on the forum prior to any general listing. I have owned my 2009 RUS0025 since July of 2013, and have been making it better and better. Currently, I have less than 17K miles on it. Engine is perfect, and has the factory approved flash upgrade which boosts output to about 480Hp. New Continental DW tires, new rear view camera, and iPod interface. The previous owner also installed an amplifier for the Pioneer unit. Sounds great. I have also upgraded with a hard pipe intake with upgraded coolant tank which improves air intake significantly. Also added a Tial BOV which sounds fantastic with lift throttle. Everything works, there are no surprises. The body is in near perfect shape and includes a clear bra up front. Let me know if you have any questions or would like to come see it. I will follow this post with some pics. Asking $62,900, which is discounted from the $64900 I will put on Ebay soon. Located in Cornelius, NC. Thanks.

Dave
[email protected]
Hello

Has this car been sold? Please advise- G

·
Super Moderator
783 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.