The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
It has been discussed on this forum before. Apparently the car was a press car and the front has been repainted.

·
Registered
548 Posts
^ that's what I heard too

I actually called and talked to the dealer. He mentioned nothing about the front damage or anything like that. I questioned him about the low mileage, etc. and didn't really give me a straight answer except it was a dealer's car and that it was mostly a car that some guy drove it around town with a few track miles. When the dealer doesn't answer the question right and I have to find out about the car through Lotustalk members, I don't want to purchase it.

I wouldn't buy it.... I offered him 50k and he said he turned down 51-52k offers. I'm glad he didn't agree to my offer. I picked up a 2010 instead.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback. Any idea why the front had to be repainted? The dealer did not mention anything about a repaint job. He only mentioned it had been driven by a factory representative. I have asked to talk with the factory rep and have numerous questions for him. Carfax does not mention anything about an accident. If anybody else knows anything, I would sure appreciate any feedback. Thanks a ton.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Not everything goes on carfax... I would assume (since it was tracked as a factory demo car according to some) that it took a beating on the track.

I mean, just imagine how many people got in the car and go, "let's see what this baby can do" as a demo car......

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f177/wtb-2008-newer-elise-sc-exige-s-103471/
^read through that... maybe try messaging the guy who knows about the issue of the car.

I mean, there is a reason why the car hasn't sold yet....

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
It seems like about half of the later model cars on dealer lots have the same "factory rep", or "executive driven" story attached to them. My theory is that these are rent-a-racers used by the local driving schools.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts