The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case you're tired of the crappy weather we've been having lately and can't wait to get to drive your car (and get good at it!)...

Registration for SCCA-Chicago Region 2009 Learning Curve (auto-x school) is currently open.

"A fun, inexpensive and safe way of testing your driving ability and car performance. Solo events are a form of automotive competition in which one car at a time negotiates a prescribed course in the shortest possible time. The events are open to anyone who has a sports car, compact or small sedan. The only requirements to compete are a valid state driver's license and a car which will pass a safety technical inspection. Drivers compete in numerous car classes for stock street cars, modified street cars, race prepared cars and modified race cars.

The Learning Curve
Chicago Region Solo drivers school is an excellent way to learn about and become involved in Solo events. It is a two-part school that consists of a classroom session and a day and a half of on track instruction. Instruction will be provided by experienced, award winning drivers (many with National Championship credentials). Because the entry is limited to only 100 students, there will be a very favorable student/teacher ratio allowing for maximum driving time and personal instruction. The school is for novice drivers with less than one year or no solo experience. Students must attend both days.

WHEN:
Saturday April 4 8:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday April 5 8:00am - 5:00pm

WHERE:
Route 66 Raceway, Joliet, IL

HOW:
Return the entry form with the $120 registration fee payable to Chicago Region, SCCA, no later than March 27, 2009 to: Jennifer Liccardi - 2911 Vimy Ridge Drive, Joliet, IL 60435 (815) 609-9005. To register on line go to Chicago Region SCCA Login

NEED MORE INFORMATION call: Ed Locke (630) 853-2144"

For on-line registration go to Chicago Region, SCCA - Solo Events 2009 and click the nice, big blue rectangular "Online Registration" button at the bottom of the page.

This is a really fun way to start the season by the way :)

Here is a video of the same course from last years 1st event (same course as the LC). Courtesy of Brent Weibel.
YouTube - 2006 CR Event 1 - Autocross Video

and another one from last year:
YouTube - 2007 CR Event 1 - Autocross Video

*** There is a 2006 Lotus Exige White registered currently. Please say Hi and don't be shy to ask questions :)

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
In case you're tired of the crappy weather we've been having lately and can't wait to get to drive your car (and get good at it!)...

Registration for SCCA-Chicago Region 2009 Learning Curve (auto-x school) is currently open.

"A fun, inexpensive and safe way of testing your driving ability and car performance. Solo events are a form of automotive competition in which one car at a time negotiates a prescribed course in the shortest possible time. The events are open to anyone who has a sports car, compact or small sedan. The only requirements to compete are a valid state driver's license and a car which will pass a safety technical inspection. Drivers compete in numerous car classes for stock street cars, modified street cars, race prepared cars and modified race cars.

The Learning Curve
Chicago Region Solo drivers school is an excellent way to learn about and become involved in Solo events. It is a two-part school that consists of a classroom session and a day and a half of on track instruction. Instruction will be provided by experienced, award winning drivers (many with National Championship credentials). Because the entry is limited to only 100 students, there will be a very favorable student/teacher ratio allowing for maximum driving time and personal instruction. The school is for novice drivers with less than one year or no solo experience. Students must attend both days.

WHEN:
Saturday April 4 8:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday April 5 8:00am - 5:00pm

WHERE:
Route 66 Raceway, Joliet, IL

HOW:
Return the entry form with the $120 registration fee payable to Chicago Region, SCCA, no later than March 27, 2009 to: Jennifer Liccardi - 2911 Vimy Ridge Drive, Joliet, IL 60435 (815) 609-9005. To register on line go to Chicago Region SCCA Login

NEED MORE INFORMATION call: Ed Locke (630) 853-2144"

For on-line registration go to Chicago Region, SCCA - Solo Events 2009 and click the nice, big blue rectangular "Online Registration" button at the bottom of the page.

This is a really fun way to start the season by the way :)

Here is a video of the same course from last years 1st event (same course as the LC). Courtesy of Brent Weibel.
YouTube - 2006 CR Event 1 - Autocross Video

and another one from last year:
YouTube - 2007 CR Event 1 - Autocross Video

*** There is a 2006 Lotus Exige White registered currently. Please say Hi and don't be shy to ask questions :)
hi.
that skinny pipsqueak isnt instructing anymore is he? you know, the one who walks around telling everyone he has a "doctorate" in physics but in reality he fixes computers....
the same genius who decided to store his soft top right where another car could run it over a couple of years back..haha. entertainment and "instruction" at its best...:)
i hear hes pretty fast, but only when someone is chasing him! lol
:)
take care bartekb....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you're referring to who I think you're referring to, then the answer would be "no" to the best of my knowledge.
As to the storage of things in grid - accidents happen, but it's not rocket science to try to avoid them. I've seen plenty of air tanks bumped, that time it was something else.

Either way, let me know if you have any questions and i'll try to answer them the best i can. I'm sure everyone will learn something at the school, if we could only guarantee the weather... :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
About 40 spots left - sign up if you plan on going.
I just hope we have weather like this past weekend!

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
If you're referring to who I think you're referring to, then the answer would be "no" to the best of my knowledge.
As to the storage of things in grid - accidents happen, but it's not rocket science to try to avoid them. I've seen plenty of air tanks bumped, that time it was something else.

Either way, let me know if you have any questions and i'll try to answer them the best i can. I'm sure everyone will learn something at the school, if we could only guarantee the weather... :)
ha, i know. i think his work took a good look at that hair and realized he would be best relocated to the mountains. :) perhaps he will blend.

the weather will be fine. people need to realize that a little bit of water does not change the actual driving dynamics so much as it reduces your speeds. the fundamentals of driving and car control are abt the same whether the pavement is wet or dry. just reduced speeds.
have a great day!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the weather will be fine. people need to realize that a little bit of water does not change the actual driving dynamics so much as it reduces your speeds. the fundamentals of driving and car control are abt the same whether the pavement is wet or dry. just reduced speeds.
have a great day!
I'd even argue that you can learn more if it's wet outside (since we're covering a lot of basic things), but I'm thinking of comfort here :) Rt.66 can get windy and most people aren't used to spending whole day outside to begin with. Dress accordingly is all i can say. :up:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
22 spots open as of tonight to my knowledge.

Weather looks decent for at least one of the days (hope we get a better forecast closer to the weekend):
Saturday - Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 50s and lows in the upper 30s.
Sunday - Cloudy with rain. Highs in the low 50s and lows in the mid 30s.
Dress accordingly if you're planning on attending. I'd recommend a good wind breaker among the line up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts