The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1164 entrants from all over North America.

The venue is moved to a new place. It used to be Heartland Park in Topeka Kansas and is now in Lincoln Nebraska. The site of miles and miles of flat concrete.

09/08/2009 - 09/11/2009

Some interesting Lotus content for the competition this year.

One very interesting class is going to be CS (C Stock). This is a class normally dominated by the Miatas and the Sky/Solstice and MR2 Spyders. But legal in this class is a bone stock Lotus Seven.

The thing is, you just don't see many of these in verifiable stock configuration.

There is a proposal (likely to pass?) that will remove older cars (over 25 years old) from stock class eligibility. When that passes the Lotus will no longer be legal in CS. But this year, it may have a chance.

22 cars entered in CS. Best shot to win is ChaseCam driver Ryan Buetzer in a 2007 Solstice.

1971 Lotus 7 Orange Ball, William and Banha, Jack

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In XP, we will have last year's champion car, the Blackwatch Racing Frankenlotus driven by Fred Zust and in the corresponding Ladies class, Dianne Deanovic will be the pilot. Should be fast, we keep seeing the car testing and tuning and making runs in SoCal and it is a monster.

But... there may be harder competition this year in XP also, so it will be a battle.

27 cars are entered in XP including TC Kline in a BMW and some other amazing cars. Also entered in Sean Goodbody in his 2005 Lotus Elise out of San Diego. I know Sean's car is more of an ASP car, not prepped to XP.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In ASP (A Street Prepared) we have my ex car, now owned by Jason Uyeda. The car has certainly gotten faster and faster with some excellent tuning. But the ASP Corvettes are formidable. And this year there is more competition too.

Will the increased grip of Lincoln Nebraska help the Lotus over the Vettes?

In ASP we have 24 entrants. Ted Lewis will bring his older Lotus Elan. Jay Zelazo will bring is green Exige from Canada, codriven by last year's CSP champion Reijo Silvennoinen. Mark Duerst will codrive with Jason Uyeda in my ex car (now Porsche Green). Greg Stirneman will bring a silver Exige S from Jacksonville Florida. The 2009 FIAT Quattro Trenta will be interesting. Mike "Junior" Johnson will be a likely driver to win it all again in his Corvette.

In ASPL (Ladies) Khuyen Khuong, will drive Jay's green Exige S.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In SS (Super Stock), we have the usual suspects and more. Stock Elise and Exige (normally aspirated!) against the Z06 Corvettes and GT3 Porsches.
61 drivers are entered!

Vitamvas, Richard Colorado Springs, CO 2005 Lotus Elise Mrn
Lawson, Malcolm Venice, FL 2005 Lotus Elise Red
Salerno, Patrick New Milford, CT 2005 Lotus Elise Slv
Fung, Ambrose Calgary, AB 2006 Lotus Elise Red
Sams, Jason San Jose, CA 2005 Lotus Elise Pur
Leckey, Don Ann Arbor, MI 2007 Lotus Elise Blu
Alabaugh II, John Monument, CO 2005 Lotus Elise Mrn
Johnson, Ryan Draper, UT 2006 Lotus Elise Red
Conners, Brian Voorhees, NJ 2005 Lotus Elise Slv
Mollenauer, Ken Saratoga, CA 2005 Lotus Elise Red
De Regt, David Redmond, WA 2006 Lotus Elise Ylw
Braun, Matthew Northville, MI 2007 Lotus Elise Blu
Homes, Michael Houston, TX 2006 Lotus Elise Grn

SSL

Lawson, Jacqueline Venice, FL 2005 Lotus Elise Red
Monfort, Shelly Saratoga, CA 2005 Lotus Elise Red

·
Registered
488 Posts
This weekend?

Will anyone happen to be at the event this weekend at the NE site?

The race is a divisional for the KC region and I will be attending along with 200 other cars. I would imagine most people are coming to get a preview of the National event. As far as I know I will be the only Lotus there in SS running against z06's and GT3. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
In ASP (A Street Prepared) we have my ex car, now owned by Jason Uyeda. The car has certainly gotten faster and faster with some excellent tuning. But the ASP Corvettes are formidable. And this year there is more competition too.

Will the increased grip of Lincoln Nebraska help the Lotus over the Vettes?

In ASP we have 24 entrants. Ted Lewis will bring his older Lotus Elan. Jay Zelazo will bring is green Exige from Canada, codriven by last year's CSP champion Reijo Silvennoinen. Mark Duerst will codrive with Jason Uyeda in my ex car (now Porsche Green). Greg Stirneman will bring a silver Exige S from Jacksonville Florida. The 2009 FIAT Quattro Trenta will be interesting. Mike "Junior" Johnson will be a likely driver to win it all again in his Corvette.

In ASPL (Ladies) Khuyen Khuong, will drive Jay's green Exige S.

Slight update. The silver Exige S being driven by Greg Stirneman actually belongs to David Smart and they are both from DFW, TX not Florida. It's one fast car and top pax at the Houston tour so keep an eye for it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
In SS (Super Stock), we have the usual suspects and more. Stock Elise and Exige (normally aspirated!) against the Z06 Corvettes and GT3 Porsches.
61 drivers are entered!
Another update: I (Stephen Hui, SS #86) am actually running in Super Stock in David de Regt's 2006 Elise, but I mistakenly entered my old car's info, and now I can't change it online.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Look forward to seeing everyone up there! :shift:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Another update: I (Stephen Hui, SS #86) am actually running in Super Stock in David de Regt's 2006 Elise, but I mistakenly entered my old car's info, and now I can't change it online.
Steve, you can email Nancy to get the information change.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ProSolo Finale Results are up. Looks like the Elise does well (as I thought it would) on the concrete at Lincoln.

SCCA - Results

Stock Category

Pat Salerno in the Lotus Elise ends up the 2009 ProSolo Superstock Champion over Matthew Braun (also in a Lotus Elise).

Event results-

Super Stock Drivers: 17 Trophies: 5
T 1 77 Patrick Salerno 2005 Lotus Elise Slv
T 2 94 G J Dixon 2004 porsche GT3 Red
T 3 89 Matthew Braun 2007 Lotus Elise Blu
T 4 75 Gary Thomason 2004 Dodge Viper Blk
T 5 93 Brian Peters 2003 Chevrolet Corvette
6 194 Randy Petschauer 2004 Porsche GT3 Red
7 91 Steve Wynveen 2004 Chevrolet Corvette
8 177 Brian Conners 2005 Lotus Elise Slv
9 175 Jason Rhoades 2004 Dodge Viper Blk
10 90 Alek Tziortzis 2002 Chevrolet Corvette
11 96 Scott Hurley 2004 Chevrolet Corvette
12 98 John Vitamvas 2004 Chevrolet Corvette
13 59 Ryan Johnson 2006 Lotus Elise Red
14 196 Mark Labbancz 2004 Chevrolet Corvette
15 97 Ambrose Fung 2006 Lotus Elise Red
16 95 Aaron Boltman 2004 Chevrolet Z06 Corv
17 38 Malcolm Lawson 2005 Lotus Elise Red

A Street Prepared Drivers: 8 Trophies: 3
T 1 93 Eric Stemler 1999 Chevrolet Corvette
T 2 99 Jason Collett 2003 Chevrolet Corvette
T 3 90 Robert Carpenter 2002 Chevy Corvette
4 83 Jason Uyeda 2005 Lotus Elise
5 81 Sean Goodbody 2005 Lotus Elise
6 77 Gregory Lloyd 2003 Chevrolet Corvette
7 15 David Lehman 2004 Chevrolet Corvette
8 96 Jay Zelazo 2007 Lotus Exige S Grn

Not sure if something happened with Jason's car (my ex-car) as I expected him to do better, the car was flying at the last local event.

·
Registered
381 Posts
:clap::clap::clap:
Congratulations to all the finalists! How exciting!:nanner:
Hopefully see everyone next year!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not sure if something happened with Jason's car (my ex-car) as I expected him to do better, the car was flying at the last local event.
Hi Randy, Jason had some issues with his diff and drove Sean's car today (with Jason's tire/wheel package). He definitely could've picked up a bunch more time otherwise. Sounds like he's trying to have a new part shipped in and car ready for Thurs.

On the plus side, the site is great and the pro courses were both fun and challenging.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Looks like Matt B is leading SS in an Elise.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Wow what the hell happened on day 2? Massive rain?

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Crap.

Heavy rain started falling in the group.. but after the first drivers (lower numbers only) took their runs.

So many classes that ran around that time are all messed up. As is typical, the faster drivers select larger numbers... or are the second drivers in a co-drive situation (100+ numbers). They all ran in the rain.

In SS, all the fast Elise guys fell victim to the rain. The only one helped was Ryan out of Utah. And if he did not hit a cone on his first run in the dry, he would be in 2nd place overall. As it is, he is the top finishing SS Elise.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SS Ladies
13 drivers. 1 Elise and 12 Corvettes.

Congrats to Shelly Monfort in a red 2005 Lotus Elise, your 2009 National Champion in SSL

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
In C Stock (CS), the Lotus Seven was a bit off the pace the first day and did not run the second day.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One Elise (Sean Goodbody) ran in F Prepared. I am not sure why. Sean finished 8th out of 19 cars.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ASP and XP run Thursday Friday.

Jason Uyeda is replacing his differential in the Elise today.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
I'll add my congrats to the locals that have been autocrossing in the GGLC series:

Shelly SSL Champ
LOL- just read a report on her day. First two runs with lots of standing water on rain tires. Made the switch to dry tires, had a rather wild final run in hitting the wet spots but kept it together to pull out the win. This is her 3rd title.:up:

Ben Martinez D Street Prep Champ (who handled most of our course designs this year)- not sure if this one is official yet.

Victor Sias / Elise Sias in Street Modifed/ SML (7th/3rd)

Jason Sam (who was at his first nationals) and Ken Mollenauer- both of whom were driving Shelly's car.

They all ran with us at the end of August for some last second prep.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts