The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
No. We intend on importing via shipping container and each container holds three cars. And for the first shipment, it makes sense to ship the container to Long Beach. But if we could get three cars on the east coast, I would ship a container there.

Otherwise California is just where they are being imported. Registration will be like any kit car.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
No, it is not. Wish it was. I use Solidworks and the files were not compatible.
whats the source file... i bet i can "get you" compatible :)

for starters... stop using solidworks! hahaha :wave:

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Build in progress

Attachments

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
nice! ...but dude, they put your steering wheel on the wrong side :)

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
That inboard rear suspension looks awesome.

...and the tranny needs to be stuck in the rear too!

let me re-phrase that....

...and it needs a rear transaxle back there too!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Updates?

Randy Chase,

Any updates on your Toniq build?

Also, I'm guessing that you looked at Caterhams and other 7-like cars before buying the Toniq. What made you decide on the Toniq? The independent suspension? The looks? And how would you compare the Toniq to the Caterhams.

I e-mailed them a few questions several days ago and haven't heard back yet. Is that typical? Hmm. Looks like they're in the middle of updating their web site. Perhaps that has something to do with the delay.

Toniq web site.

Thanks.

Michael

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Yeah. Both Toniq and I have been very busy. They did a recent factory move plus getting ready for the annual kit car show in the UK. We will have some more news soon. I just need to stop traveling for a week or so.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Randy,

FYI, Dunnell Racing in the UK makes a 300HP 2.0 Duratec. We are putting those in the ADRs now as an option over the K20. They have a website.

DT

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Any updates on the build Randy? As much as I love the Q1, I think I would be in the same boat as my Exige currently. The Toniq looks like a much more pocketbook friendly track toy for me.

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Any updates on the build Randy? As much as I love the Q1, I think I would be in the same boat as my Exige currently. The Toniq looks like a much more pocketbook friendly track toy for me.
Things are progressing. There will be a dealer on the west coast and I will be handling east coast sales. I can't announce prices yet but my website will be up and running, at least as far as Toniq is concerned, tomorrow afternoon (Friday 11/20). We do have a Facebook fan page going with some information on it. It can be found by doing a search for British Racing Group

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Already a fan. :) Didn't know it was you though wallabyguy. Looking forward to seeing it. Any chance you take trade ins or help with financing? ;)

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Already a fan. :) Didn't know it was you though wallabyguy. Looking forward to seeing it. Any chance you take trade ins or help with financing? ;)
It's on the radar. We still working through some of those concerns. I will be able to sell Toniqs very soon. Trades will come on line as soon as we are able to move into our facility. Financing is an opportunity because of the type of vehicle but I've got someone working on getting that addressed.

The cars will be available as kits, "Rollers" (needing just powertain and paint) or completed cars. The US models will be ready to accept Duratec and Renesis engines matched with Mazda trannys. There are also some exciting options and chages coming on line that will drastically increase the appeal of the car to a broader market beyond just track use.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts