The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 2010, the Elise/Exige got new clams and therefore aero. Is anyone making CF replicas of those? I think I’ve seen S2 CF clams, but I’m interested in this newer style. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Dont think so.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
We can make one if you can get us one to copy ;) we won't be an official vendor on LT until June 1st, we have a Scuderia conversion and my concept lotus interior to finish first to hopefully get it into SEMA ;). We do a lot of complex and large parts so the clam should be no problem.

- Chris
Concept:Carbon

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
The 2010 front splitter can't be fitted on 2010- clam. 2010+ clam is slightly different from 2010-.

So be patient, just like Chris said....:D

But the market is so so small compare to small CF bits, so you figure out. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We can make one if you can get us one to copy ;) we won't be an official vendor on LT until June 1st, we have a Scuderia conversion and my concept lotus interior to finish first to hopefully get it into SEMA ;). We do a lot of complex and large parts so the clam should be no problem.

- Chris
Concept:Carbon

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Do you have a website? Share the link with us if it's not a secret...I'd like to take a look at what you've got...I'm sure others here would too.

·
Super Moderator
5,453 Posts
You can get carbon replicas of the S1 Exige because Lotus didn't think to copyright it... they didn't fall for that a second time and as such the only decent manufacturer to copy the S2 body stopped doing so when requested by Lotus. Haven't seen any carbon copies of the newer design and suspect that the only people who will copy it won't be in a country that recognises intellectual property rights...

IMHO :)

·
Banned
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can get carbon replicas of the S1 Exige because Lotus didn't think to copyright it... they didn't fall for that a second time and as such the only decent manufacturer to copy the S2 body stopped doing so when requested by Lotus. Haven't seen any carbon copies of the newer design and suspect that the only people who will copy it won't be in a country that recognises intellectual property rights...

Would it still be infringing on intellectual property rights if you are modifying (making from CF) the original design? They have just improved it (made it lighter and stronger)…I wouldn’t consider that infringing and ‘am willing to reward them by purchasing one. It might be a different story about copyright infringement though...

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts

I can't believe the Lotus and Alienware haven't gone after all the impostors copying their products without changing the design, that would make one heck of a Tsunami wave around here...

·
Registered
6,222 Posts

Interesting point, but:
1. Italian is selling copied Lotus parts in CF or Glass in open internet :D
2. UK companies are selling that too. :D
3. Netherland is selling that too. :D
4. Japan companies are selling that too. :D
5. USA companies are selling that too. :D
6. How about all the copied F, P, M, B, H, S, T car parts in CF or Glass. :D

So, there must have difficulty to en-force it, otherwise.....:confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts