The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I noticed that the 0-60 and top speed dropped too. I don't know what's up. Maybe that's without the launch control. The reason for no Gt-3 treatment is the changes that would have been required to acommodate the wider track rear and the recert for crash testing.
Not necessarily.... The visual elements of the GT3 front clam could have been used for the front of the new Exige. That's all. The inlet sizes/shapes, the double spine up top, the slight recessing above the ends of the splitter, the splitter itself, etc.

If they had just done that it would be a winner. Instead they've come up with something that just doesn't look right at all.

xtn

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I noticed that the 0-60 and top speed dropped too. I don't know what's up. Maybe that's without the launch control. The reason for no Gt-3 treatment is the changes that would have been required to acommodate the wider track rear and the recert for crash testing.
It might be related to the decreased CO2 emissions, which translates to better fuel mileage...perhaps at the expense of a bit of power at some points in the rpm range, enough to have a minor effect on acceleration.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
It might be related to the decreased CO2 emissions, which translates to better fuel mileage...perhaps at the expense of a bit of power at some points in the rpm range, enough to have a minor effect on acceleration.
Must be for all those CO2 based races these cars enter...

OH YEAH??? Well MY car gets 199g per kilometer, bitch :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Interesting point. The other possibility I assumed was that Lotus was a little too optimistic about the 2008 Exige 240's specs. :)

·
Registered
592 Posts
How the heck do you access the trunk with that rear spoiler? For track days, the trunk is typically crammed to the gills with stuff. So now you have to reach over the fixed spoiler in addition to dealing with the small trunk opening?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I like it.... but the green one that minnis. NOW thats HOT:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Man up Lotus!!!:nanner::nanner::nanner::nanner::up:

·
Registered
476 Posts

I like it! (not in white though)

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...am i the only one seeing echoes of evora styling in the updated profiles, contours, and proportions?..

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I can deal with the wing as long as the mounts or the wing itself contrasts the car color.. Ie. black or carbon fiber. They however ruined the front end, I'd like to see something like the front of the GT-R with it slightly inset.

i wants da splitter
You mean like this.. Very similar...

Splitter

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Im Very very dissapointed.

And actually kinda pissed off.

We hear enough crap about the toyota celica motors.

So lotus went and took the WORST DESIGN feature of the GT3 concept. The CELICA rear wing look a like. And added only it.

Brilliant. :mad:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I agree with ya...

It went from looking like a complete design, to a car with bolt on aftermarket parts that don't flow as nicely. Plus, I expected more power and go fast parts. I know this is early but if this is the next update...I'm not buying.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
So, here's my theories as to why the 2010 Exige S looks the way it does:

1) Lotus is trying to push people away from the Exige and towards the Evora;

2) Team A team designers were working on the Evora and other outsourced projects leaving the 2010 Exige S to the B team (the college interns).

3) The redesign is a victim of the global recession and development budgets were cut severly (goes back to the designed by interns theory).

:)

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
I like 4

4) Have functional aero prioritised over being able to reach into the trunk easily, functional laminar flow splitters to help cooling over being compared to a saturn.

;)

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I like 4

4) Have functional aero prioritised over being able to reach into the trunk easily, functional laminar flow splitters to help cooling over being compared to a saturn.

;)
I'll just keep my car and spend two grand on the APR chassis attached wing and front splitter.

41 - 60 of 93 Posts