The Lotus Cars Community banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
not the best photoshop job, but an idea of what it would look like without the cross bars. I'm sure some people skilled in fiberglass could remove them.

The front look more agressive that way than our current version that look like a sweet happy face smiling.

I like it.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I like 4

4) Have functional aero prioritised over being able to reach into the trunk easily, functional laminar flow splitters to help cooling over being compared to a saturn.

;)
Laminar flow splitter? I don't think so. Look at the pics. It has a thick, flat leading edge. And it breaks up sharply in front of the wheel wells. How the heck do you imagine that's going to achieve laminar flow?

xtn

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
XTN is talking about the new front lip/splitter on this 010' model.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's not that bad; I would still love to have one in isotope green. Not necessarily an improvement over the current gen, but at least they did not pull an Acura and completely destroy the car...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ooo No...:evil: What a shame! I really don't like the 2010 Exige... When I saw The Exige (second generation) for the first time; it was love at first sight. That day I said “one day I will have one”. The 2010 model doesn’t do it for me! The biggest problem is the really ugly rear wing and the front is a problem also. It doesn't match the design of the car and doesn't look right at all. The Front has a little Porsche look and the rear wing to much aftermarket tuning look. Opening the trunk with that wing will be a fun adventure:confused:

This 2010 model update is a disappointment for me! We have three cars for the moment and the plan was to sell one car (BMW Z3) and buy an Exige in 2010. I know for sure it's not going to be the new 2010 model! I will have to look for a used black example from 2009-2008-2007… Or could Lotus wait one more year and bring this model update in 2011 :rolleyes:

What about the 2010 Elise?

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Yeah so he's not talking about the same bit as me then.
Sorry. You said "splitters" so I though you were talking about the bit we all usually refer to as a splitter.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Why the [email protected]#k don't they use the GT3 design??? It's MUCH more refined and exotic looking.
I much prefer this new design over the GT3. The double spines over the vents on the GT3 were nice, but everything else about the front end looks off to me. This new design uses the elements of the GT3 design but in a much more cohesive grouping to my eye.

The rear spoiler is fine, and I'm sure that the super spoiler crowd will like it, though I always liked the "old" Exige rear spoiler.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I don't want to call it hideous since there is so much of the current model still unchanged in the 2010 design. But what has changed has botched the lines of the car and is not cohesive.

Some of Lotus's design changes recently have been peculiar. The Exige 260's odd stripes, the 2010 Exiges front end and tall spoiler on a car with the same width, the added spoiler on the Elise SC, the odd painted pieces on the California Elise. It is like they are intentionally corrupting the purity of the design for changes sake. Pretty bad execution.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ooo No...:evil: What a shame! I really don't like the 2010 Exige... When I saw The Exige (second generation) for the first time; it was love at first sight. That day I said “one day I will have one”. The 2010 model doesn’t do it for me! The biggest problem is the really ugly rear wing and the front is a problem also. It doesn't match the design of the car and doesn't look right at all. The Front has a little Porsche look and the rear wing to much aftermarket tuning look. Opening the trunk with that wing will be a fun adventure:confused:

+1 and performance figures are worse than a 220ps model
I'm really disappointed!

61 - 80 of 93 Posts