The Lotus Cars Community banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Funny, I thought Porsche intake as soon as I saw it.

IMO, the front intakes no longer use the same design vocabulary as the rest of the car. The radiator exhaust on the top of the clam needs to be more angular.

For example: glance quickly back and forth at the front scoops and the radiator exhaust on the top of the front clam

The angle of the headlights, which was previously in harmony with the "smile" of the front intakes now looks to be at an odd angle.

I think it's really difficult to change elements of a well-styled car without changing the whole thing. Surprised they did that.

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,731 Posts
Ick....I hate the new design. Unfortunately for Lotus, it seems I will have to buy a used exige someday (when I'm out of college) because the older ones are so much better looking. The rear wing looks so like something that belongs on a civic and the front looks too contrived.:mad:

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
i know this thread is dead but i've come back to beat the dead horse to put in my .02

that thing is hideous! what are they thinking? anyone have any interior shots?

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
i know this thread is dead but i've come back to beat the dead horse to put in my .02

that thing is hideous! what are they thinking? anyone have any interior shots?
The interior is, for the most part, the same with te exception of the wall inbetween the passanger cabin and the engine compartment.

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Front is a bit odd looking... the nose is too "stubby" to sport that look versus the longer Porsche slant in my opinion

TRD Celica wing = :shrug: :wallbang:

They should have just gone all out and added an APR style functional wing.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I said it before and I'll say it again...it is just awful. Seeing this really compelled me to go ahead and get a 2009 since I knew it would be last of the design I like.

If the other thread is correct that we will see a new Elise by 2011; why would Lotus mess this up and invest in the retooling for just two years?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yuck. The front reminds me of a Porsche. The new rear wing looks like something a high school kid would put on his Integra.
One could say the same thing for the original Exige wing. The debates about wings on performance cars will probably never end and unfortunately teenagers and 20 somethings have taken this functional item and turned it into the signature element of the "ricer".

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I'll say that I don't really like the splitter in the middle of the front intakes, but if Lotus say they are functional, then I suppose I'll take their word for it. Having said that, I like how Porche put signals in their "stabilizers".

Perhaps someone will mod some LED running lights into those? If they do, they will have stolen MY IDEA! Ha!

81 - 93 of 93 Posts