The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
you think they'd come up with something new other then a facelift and ghetto wing. this will be the 5th year of making the same plain jane sport wheels. same interior except with leather covering, same everything pretty boring not worth the upgrade. what a poser car

and what the heck is the black line between the front splitter?

So are these in production now - is 2009 production over?
I would assume no they are not. Shoot we've only seen the 2009's at dealerships for 4 months. This was probably a catalog pre-production trial build vehicle. I could be wrong though. :shrug:

I know what you are saying about the 09's - there have hardly been any. I still don't think there are going to be 50 Exige 260's sold here at this rate - and if they do come, most will likely just sit unsold.

The press release Lotus put out about the 2010 Exige (from the Geneva auto show) indicated a May 09 production build date. That is why actually seeing this European car pictured seems to back that up.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
I would assume no they are not. Shoot we've only seen the 2009's at dealerships for 4 months. This was probably a catalog pre-production trial build vehicle. I could be wrong though. :shrug:
Not sure about the US but they are definitely in production now and have been since May 09.

The "older" model will phase out throughout the rest of this year before it stops production - or so I've been told.

Not sure when it will make it's way to the US.

As per original post this is from the local garage down the road in Edinburgh, Scotland. He has this for sale and has more due in soon.

Also - no idea what the line is in between the splitter. And no part number for the spoiler however I can see already that a LOT of people will be buying it aftermarket for Elises.

Greetings all. First time poster, long time 'looker'.
Not my cup of tea with he new style either.
Saw in a release statement that the new style started production in May '09 in Europe and will hit North American soil for the Fall of '09. So it's on its way according to that.....unless its a rumour. Lets hope so.
I had plans to buy an new Exige this year. But that fell through due to a nasty little thing called divorice. So now it's either wait until next year and hope there's an '09 to my liking waiting for me someplace, or have to settle on a 2010 model.
But guaranteed, if the latter prevails, the first order of business will be to send her right to the bodyshop to have that wing ripped off, the holes filled, and a current gen wing installed.

I wonder if that rear wing would fit an Elise... and how much $$$ it is...

Anyone have a part number? ;)

Tell ya what. I have to wait until early next year to get into an Exige. So if its a 2010 model that I have to get into (unless I find an '09 model to my liking), I'll rip the wing off and give it to ya. You pay for shipping.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.