The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking for many months now, and I'm currently saving for either a 2007 Lotus Exige S or 2010 Lotus Evora. I will be putting about 15k down and getting a loan for the rest. I've been lurking for quite a while, and in your guy's opinion what do you think the price of a 2010 Lotus Evora will be a year from now, assuming Lotus continues only bringing Evoras to the US. Do you think Exige prices will continue staying steady? Or will they start dropping or rising with the absence of new exige models. I'm a 21 year old and have multiple sources of income, and either one would be a huge step up so I'd be happy with either one. I obviously prefer the performance of the Exige, but only slightly prefer the look of the Evora. If the prices get to be pretty close about a year from now, I think I would go with the Evora.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've been lurking for many months now, and I'm currently saving for either a 2007 Lotus Exige S or 2010 Lotus Evora. I will be putting about 15k down and getting a loan for the rest. I've been lurking for quite a while, and in your guy's opinion what do you think the price of a 2010 Lotus Evora will be a year from now, assuming Lotus continues only bringing Evoras to the US. Do you think Exige prices will continue staying steady? Or will they start dropping or rising with the absence of new exige models. I'm a 21 year old and have multiple sources of income, and either one would be a huge step up so I'd be happy with either one. I obviously prefer the performance of the Exige, but only slightly prefer the look of the Evora. If the prices get to be pretty close about a year from now, I think I would go with the Evora.
Exige prices are going to continue to rise and rise and rise! Demand is there and supply is extremely limited (just try and find a used exige right now). Im taking a guess here, but you could count on two hands the number for sale in the whole country (and most guys are gonna hang onto them). In my opinion by next year 06' Exiges (good ones) will not be touched for under 40's. And to those who own an Exige and decide to sell it, will realize that if they ever want another one, they will be waiting in a very long expensive line to get another one, if they can even get one, cause, like i said those who do own one are gonna keep it.

Evora prices will keep falling cause there is alot of them available. ( just see how many are for sale on autotrader.com) plus they are still being manufactured.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
Exige prices are going to continue to rise and rise and rise! Demand is there and supply is extremely limited (just try and find a used exige right now). Im taking a guess here, but you could count on two hands the number for sale in the whole country (and most guys are gonna hang onto them). In my opinion by next year 06' Exiges (good ones) will not be touched for under 40's. And to those who own an Exige and decide to sell it, will realize that if they ever want another one, they will be waiting in a very long expensive line to get another one, if they can even get one, cause, like i said those who do own one are gonna keep it.

Evora prices will keep falling cause there is alot of them available. ( just see how many are for sale on autotrader.com) plus they are still being manufactured.
I think you are very optimistic about pricing for an 06 Exige.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
To the OP, being 21 y/o get the Exige if you can find one. The rawness will better suit you at this point in your life. Save the Evora for your mid-life crisis. It's better suited for it than the Exige. JMHO.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I think the exits S will hold value better over time. I have had mine for a year and I don't think it has lost any value based on sale adds. Evoras will continue to depreciate. They are also more expensive to repair than the relatively simple exige.

·
Registered
175 Posts

If they go up a significant amount may as well just buy a Noble.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
If they go up a significant amount may as well just buy a Noble.
Agreed. I think Exige and Elises will hold value, rise perhaps a bit, but there is a limited true demand for these cars. Otherwise, sales after MY2005 (for Elise) and 06/07 for Exige would not have dropped off so quickly and so dramatically.

The demand for them now is driven by their lowering prices. A lot of folks who envisioned owning but couldn't afford new now can get them. 05 Elise's in the mid/high 20's, 06 Exiges in low/mid 30's, 07's Exiges high 30s/low 40s. If they start to creep up, they will quickly hit a price point ceiling.

·
Premium Member
6,758 Posts

Wrong my friend. prices are quite stable on used Evora. There are only 758 of them in first 3 yrs of production. Ask me how I know.:D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Wrong my friend. prices are quite stable on used Evora. There are only 758 of them in first 3 yrs of production. Ask me how I know.:D

How do you know all 758 are alive? :cool:

I'm sort of in the market for an 07 S, but my price range is at the bottom where 15 offers were given to one in under 12 hours, under-priced at 36.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Your 21, get an Exige and take it on the track. Have fun with it and drive safely as the car is easy to damage. When you are in your 30's with a family, get an Evora in stead of a mini van.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts