The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good deal or not?
2010 Lotus exige s260 sport edition with salvage title.
Dealer wants 44,000 for it. The car only has 2,000 miles.
All damage has already been repaired.
Here is the vin: SCCLHHAC7AHA11420
If anyone would be so helpful to supply me with the carfax that would be fantastic.

·
Registered
712 Posts
A vehicle history report won't tell you what damages or even to what the extent the damages were. Checking it out in person is definitely the way to go.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Good deal or not?
2010 Lotus exige s260 sport edition with salvage title.
Dealer wants 44,000 for it. The car only has 2,000 miles.
All damage has already been repaired.
Here is the vin: SCCLHHAC7AHA11420
If anyone would be so helpful to supply me with the carfax that would be fantastic.
I saw this car and it had a very small damage to the rear clamshell. That was all. It is carbon fiber so the replacement cost was too high and the insurance company salvaged the title. They saved money by doing so.

If you want pm me your contact info and I call you later this am....

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
Really?! The rear clam is CF? If it is, who fixed it and how? Not too many people know how to repair CF. My bet is that it got fixed with glass... then, if the purchaser does not care, then it maxes no difference.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I think this car was recently offered by a member on this forum for sale.some carbon parts seats etc have been swapped out for plastic

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
OK my typo. Not the entire rear clam is CF. But the section that goes around the rear window is and it is all part of the same rear clam. The damaged section was the fiberglass portion near the left rear of the car. The rest had no issue. I have the interior of the car.

At the time I saw the car it was being worked on by KRÜGSPEED; RACE AND SPORTS CAR FABRICATION, SUSPENSION AND CHASSIS TUNING

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
If it was just body parts repaired and replaced and the frame is fine figure 20-30% discount for title branded car from what I've seen.

Would this car be worth around $60,000 had it never been wrecked/rebuilt?

·
Super Moderator
6,820 Posts
Probably closer to the mid-high $60's depending on your interest in the 2010 body style.

However - that would be before a lot of the pieces that make the Sport 260 a Sport 260 have been removed and sold off, replaced with cheaper aftermarket items. Thus, it's hard to tell if it's value without the Salvaged title would be equal to a standard non-Sport 2010 Exige S or less due to the mods.

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
Insurance companies are forced to salvage a car if parts can't be procured within a certain amount of time...let's say 3 months. There are no clams available...to order them Hethel would take at least that amount of time. I've heard of that before...

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
Yes, this is my car now at HRM. and the damage was in fact, very light, as Rassul (RBH) stated above. I can vouch for that. I got delivery of the car, it was driving, and damage was only to left rear clam and little suspension. subframe was unharmed. I do not know why they salvaged but I suspect, as said above, that there were no clams available and if there were, they priced absurdly high. There is CF in the rear clam and the part is specific for an S260 2010, so very likely that insurance company could not find one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I appreciate everyone's help

Thank you everyone for your input. I also suspect that the car was salvaged due to a time limit rather than actual amount of damage. I heard people in New York are rough are their cars but this particular car has a Arizona salvage title so I don't think it was driven in New York.

I didn't realize the seats were swapped out for plastics. Can anyone verify this actually happened? Also what other parts were swapped out for something cheaper? I know about the wheels already.

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,226 Posts
I personally know this car extremely well, I'm one of the technicians that worked on this car, this is an amazing car and I would buy it on the spot if I had a garage...ask me any questions

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Thank you everyone for your input. I also suspect that the car was salvaged due to a time limit rather than actual amount of damage. I heard people in New York are rough are their cars but this particular car has a Arizona salvage title so I don't think it was driven in New York.

I didn't realize the seats were swapped out for plastics. Can anyone verify this actually happened? Also what other parts were swapped out for something cheaper? I know about the wheels already.
I saw your PM. I will call you soon.

Yes I did buy the seats and the interior of this car. 2011 Lotus Exige S260 Final Edition - Before and After Interior

At first they were planning to make this car to a race car but plans changed...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts