The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, we are offering for sale my personal Caterham car. This was built in 2011. It is a Roadsport 170, so it used a stock Duratec 2L Ford engine which puts out about 170-175 hp. The body style is the slightly larger SV style, which is the preferred size for anyone larger (as in taller and/or wider). The SV includes a larger pedal box.

The build of the car is documented here-
http://www.britishspeed.com/gallery3...uild-SV-S3-170

The car was transferred to the new owners, but they ran into the registration issue, so we have replaced this car with a different one. The registration issue means that I will not sell it to California to be registered there.

There was a small mishap with this car where it was run into while stopped and the rear end of the car was rebuilt. While we had it in the race shop, everything was gone over and in fact, many things were improved from the factory build. The driveshaft was trued and balanced. They added new adjustments to the rear differential for better alignment. Brakes were gone over and improved. The car drives very well.

Original cost to me to build this car was north if $55,000. It has a little over 1500 miles on it and the engine is VERY strong. There is some minor body damage on the very rear and very front from my being really stupid with a trailer. Otherwise it is perfect. Full weather gear. Leather seats. No heater (but one could be added). 5 speed gearbox. Added rear brake light to rollbar. Custom brackets for rear lights and custom license plate bracket.

Factory options-
SV size
LSD differential
Leather Seats
4 point harnesses
Black package
Black Aero gas filler
Upgraded track rollbar
Starter button
Carbon Fiber Dash
Full weather package (doors, top)
Removable steering wheel

Extra options (I added)
Wide view mirror
Tunnel storage bag
Toneau cover
Custom rear light brackets
Custom rear license plate frame
Added 3rd brake light to roll bar.
Powder coated aluminum intake manifold
3m Film on nose
CF rock guards on rear wings
CF door sill covers

I can help arrange shipping.

$40,000

To buy this same car new now, would be over $60K

Randy (619) 916-8969
or [email protected]
Car is located (warm garage!) in southeast Tennessee.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pics...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Loved the car. It has been autocrossed twice and the last time, it set fast time of day when it was running. I really do not want to sell it, but making room (financially and garage wise) for the next one.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
so..........tempting........

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SOLD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts