The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe i'm dumb, but I have no idea what the 2 light buttons do. All I've figured out is in order to turn my brights on, I have to push the top button, but it seems it's always on. The bottom button I'm clueless about.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Top button turns on parking lights, the bottom turns on low beam or high beam if activated

However low beam is always on by default because of the DRL... unless you disbale the DRL

Sent from my GT-I9000M using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
Top button turns on parking lights, the bottom turns on low beam or high beam if activated

However low beam is always on by default because of the DRL... unless you disbale the DRL

Sent from my GT-I9000M using AutoGuide.Com Free App
On some you will see a third button. That is for aftermarket driving lights. Usually one would order a new panel with a third hole to mount the new button.

·
Registered
40 Posts
As I understand it, with the the 2011 models the lights (not just the DLR's, but the headlights/tail lights) are wired to come on when the ignition is turned on, and can't be turned off. Activating the lower button allows you to then turn on the high beams with the turn signal lever.

Annoying. It's on my "fix it" list.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts