The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My display including the tach and speedometer all went blank on me yday. I got my inspection done in the morning (w/o the nys issue some ppl are having). I ran some errands and all seemed fine until the 4th time post inspection I went to start her up. Everything else is working fine but the display. Any thoughts/ideas what caused this? And what the likely fix is?

·
Registered
676 Posts
I'd try disconnecting the batttery and reconnecting first

·
Registered
488 Posts
There's a Lotus service bulletin on this site that contains the reset procedure. I don't know if it applies to 2011....

·
Registered
945 Posts
the issue is a connector not making proper contact on the smaller plug in the cluster. If you bend it outwards it will make proper contact.
That's the common problem for '05-'07 with the second connector for CANbus.

08+ only has one plug on the cluster.

Might still be a connection issue, but it seems like the 08+ have a different recurring issue where the LCD stops working.

Agree with the other posters that you should try http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f129/2011-elise-instrument-cluster-death-revivial-123735/ : pull the "Battery Services" fuse and reconnect (reboots cluster).

Sadly that might not always fix it: I received an '08 cluster which was obviously unplugged for quite some time in transit and the LCD didn't work when I booted it up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts