The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I found a dealer in California that has a 2011 Evora for $59,000. The carhas about 2000 miles on it but has never been titled.

I've heard that these sorts of cars have been tracked. Car is fully loaded. Should I jump on it?

Thanks!

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Sounds like a very good deal. some dealers will give you a ECU dump which will show throttle possition and duration. A lot of time at redline may = tracktime. Afterall the car is a "racecar" and minor tracktime should not hurt the car.

Good luck

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
This the carbon gray at McClaren?

I almost looked at that car but took up another one at a nearby dealer. I talked to Seb while I was at the dealership and he mentioned they took it as trade.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Good deal - great car. Get things like service records, ECU dump, etc.

If you have questions post pics of the stuff here and I know someone will chime in explaining it :)

·
Premium Member
6,784 Posts
If it saw a track the m otor is properly broken in now!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
titled as new but warranty already started. went into service feb 2012.

different car then. Mine was similar circumstances-2010 never titled so technically new with 1400 miles...my bank wouldn't finance as new only used because it was a 10, but my credit union did.

One thing I will say I am learning from slightly hard experiences..be extra thorough with things like seat wear, seat rail wear, leather shrinkage from sitting out and brake wear...some things Lotus will cover under warranty but others are "normal use" items that saw abnormally high use in the 2000 miles as a demo car.

·
likes to drive fast
1,127 Posts
I have a feeling I know which car/dealer you are referring too. I have dealt with them. Go for it!

·
Premium Member
6,784 Posts
Very good deal. grab it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts