The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone turned in a 2011 lotus Evora using the lemon law? I purchased a new aspen white , heavily loaded, 2011 lotus Evora in January 2012 from Lotus of Plano, MSRP $80,540.00... The vehicle has been in the shop over 90 days in less than 180 days of ownership including a bad clutch at 4 months with no track driving or wheel spinning... Ron Mann with warranty at Lotus of North America said that was "normal wear and tear" and not covered under the factory warranty... The dealer quote for the charge to me was $6400.00 to repair the clutch , and they knocked it down to $5400.00 because of the situation, so I had to pay that to be able to drive the car ... No reply/response from Carl Jackson , who is over the western region of Lotus, North America about this vehicle or clutch problem or repair days, 14 days after writing him about the vehicle !!!! Any comments, suggestions welcomed :) ...
Thanks,
Steven Ford
Dallas, Tx

·
Premium Member
6,778 Posts
Absolutely wrong. Contact Lotus in Georgia directly! THAT IS A COVERED ITEM as it has been a known rare issue since the beginning. Contact Squidward. He went thru it also.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Sounds like your dealership needs a "lemon" award.

Ask them what failed on the clutch - I bet it's not the friction plate. It's covered by warranty - owners down under are having their clutches replaced under warranty with over 20,000km on the clock.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Has anyone turned in a 2011 lotus Evora using the lemon law? I purchased a new aspen white , heavily loaded, 2011 lotus Evora in January 2012 from Lotus of Plano, MSRP $80,540.00... The vehicle has been in the shop over 90 days in less than 180 days of ownership including a bad clutch at 4 months with no track driving or wheel spinning... Ron Mann with warranty at Lotus of North America said that was "normal wear and tear" and not covered under the factory warranty... The dealer quote for the charge to me was $6400.00 to repair the clutch , and they knocked it down to $5400.00 because of the situation, so I had to pay that to be able to drive the car ... No reply/response from Carl Jackson , who is over the western region of Lotus, North America about this vehicle or clutch problem or repair days, 14 days after writing him about the vehicle !!!! Any comments, suggestions welcomed :) ...
Thanks,
Steven Ford
Dallas, Tx
How many miles on the car? Who have you been working with? Did you goto your sales person? Then the GM then the owner. Clutch issues can be a hard sell Good Luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reply to response to bad lotus bad clutch

Yes, I did all that, sales manager, service manager, general manager, , Ron Mann in "Georgia" over lotus factory warranty north america, Carl Jackson over western region lotus sales, north America, letters, emails , pics ... Examined old clutch my self, new clutch my self, both very thin as far as friction material, plate ... ...low miles, I put 4000 miles on it, driving in Dallas , no track driving, tire spinning etc, one long trip in 4 months when not in shop..... been in shop most of the last two months, purchased in January 2012 , in shop now, for last two weeks plus for "condenser" when AC starting blowing only hot air, waiting on parts, towed to dealer twice etc ... As far as clutch , dealer, Mann say "normal wear and tear" , my problem, my expense... Did get bad clutch sent back to manufacturer in Europe for manufacturer to "examine" ....
Thanks,
Steven Ford
Dallas, Tx

How many miles on the car? Who have you been working with? Did you goto your sales person? Then the GM then the owner. Clutch issues can be a hard sell Good Luck

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Sorry to hear about your horrendous experience. As a prospective owner I am NOT getting the warm and fuzzies.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
If you can get out from under this thing via the Lemon Law

DO. IT. ASAP

·
Premium Member
6,778 Posts
Lemon law or lawsuit threat. And use the others as examples of it not being isolated!
Or you can crash it thru showroom window! Maybe that's a bit much

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
Normal wear and tear? In 4000 miles? $6000+

Doesn't Lotus realize that no one in Hell would buy a car with that sort of crap?

Plenty of cars for $1500 total can beat that.

·
Registered
274 Posts
And I am buying a Lotus Evora tomorrow. Now i am starting to have 2nd thoughts. The dealer is waiting to hear from me tomorrow morning.

Should I ask him about clutch issues with the Evora???

Mike

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
And I am buying a Lotus Evora tomorrow. Now i am starting to have 2nd thoughts. The dealer is waiting to hear from me tomorrow morning.

Mike

Send him a link to this thread!

That may do wonders in terms of additional pressure to take care of this car properly.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Do a google search for "lotus talk clutch" and "lotus talk evora clutch", I bet you will find a wealth of good ammo.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Did Brian the tech in Plano do an ECU dump? This should let Lotus know if the car was abused. You would be surprised my buddy trashed his 2,200 mile 2008 Ferrari scud's clutch in 50 minutes doing stupid stuff(Like launching it at a drag strip) it can happen. Good Luck I would be up Lotus A:thwack: so far surgery could not remove my foot on this one.-eek-

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hell yes, clutches, condenser, windows, door latch, glove box, no electrical power, won't start , towing to dealer , rear tires wear out extremely fast with routine driving, inside lights staying on, door open indicater on when door closed , ac wouldn't get cool after a month of ownership , now condenser problem, radio very static, dealership not very helpful with operating equipment, just tells you to refer to manual etc etc
Thanks,
Steven Ford
Dallas, Tx

Mike

1 - 20 of 45 Posts