The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was originally looking at a 2010 Evora mainly because of budget, but after reading many post it looked as though there were many issues with this model year. I have switched gears and $$$$ and am now looking at a 2011 S. I would welcome your comments, anything I should be looking for, certain questions to ask outside the norm?

Thanks,

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I suppose a 2012 S would be better but a 2011 should be fine. I went with an 2011 S since the dealer I was working with didn't have a 2012 S I liked and the 2013s were still $90K at the time.

You could try to find out if the 2011 has the upgraded shifter cables that the 2012 has. Some upgrades didn't wait until the 2012 model year. The biggest thing I don't like with the 2011 is the pedals which look like slabs of aluminum vs. what you'd expect to find in a regular car. I do prefer the 2011s aluminum dash trims vs. the 2012+ black ones.

As for pricing, I know Newport Beach (now call Orange County, CA Lotus) had a left over 2011 S in Persian Blue going for $69,900. But, I don't see it listed any more. I've seen some dealers (like the former Scottsdale Lotus) offer a 2013 IPS S for $76,000. So, that may help establish some ball park figures.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I viewed one in AZ for 66k and they had a 2013 for 10k more. I thought the spread was out of wack. Either the 2011 should have been less or the 2013 should have been higher. I also so one in Atlanta for 63,500.00. That's where I'm Currently leaning towards based on price, color and location.
Do you think I can expect to get them to drop those prices by a certain amount ?
Aside from the cables anything else that you experienced or read that should be of concern?

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I viewed one in AZ for 66k and they had a 2013 for 10k more. I thought the spread was out of wack. Either the 2011 should have been less or the 2013 should have been higher. I also so one in Atlanta for 63,500.00. That's where I'm Currently leaning towards based on price, color and location.
Do you think I can expect to get them to drop those prices by a certain amount ?
Aside from the cables anything else that you experienced or read that should be of concern?
Honestly, I'm not to sure anymore. I was more aware of pricing and values a few months ago (September) when they had a loyalty & conquest program and Scottsdale Lotus was "blowing out" their inventory since they were giving up the franchise. If the 2012 S you're looking at the Phantom Black one? It's listed for $62,500. I think that's a good price (assuming it's in excellent condition) and if you got it for $60K, that would be a steal. In October 2012, Scottsdale Lotus was selling their used 2011 S with about 4 to 6K miles for around $70 to $74K. I would probably just ask for a ECU data dump to ensure the car hasn't been abused.

Most of the issues I've had with the Evora were trim issues. So, if you're close enough to visually inspect the car, that would be best. Look for things like dashboard/headliner warping from the sun and that all the buttons work. If you go with the new 2012s, try to find out if the warranty period has already started.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you mean 2011 for 62,500? I can't locate the one you mentioned. Im looking at the phantom black at Lotus of Atlanta 62,500.00. 1 owner 6000 miles, looks clean. Assuming its in great condition do you still think that's a good deal ? Unfortunately its 800 miles away so checking it out before i was 95% certain would not happen, but good suggestion on the data dump. I will contact the dealer and see what I can get out of them.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Yes. You mentioned one in Atlanta for $63,500 so I thought it may have been a typo or they lowered the price since you last checked. I missed that is was a 2011.

Used 2011 Lotus Evora For Sale | Atlanta GA

Also, I believe dealers are required to post MSRP. So, it may be worth looking through dealers' inventory and making offers. Dealer & Service Centre Locator | Lotus Cars

I notice a few 2014 are now in the U.S. dealerships. So, maybe there's an factory incentive to move the 2013 (I'm just speculating here) vs. the left over 2011 which are in very small numbers.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I suppose a 2012 S would be better but a 2011 should be fine. I went with an 2011 S since the dealer I was working with didn't have a 2012 S I liked and the 2013s were still $90K at the time.

You could try to find out if the 2011 has the upgraded shifter cables that the 2012 has. Some upgrades didn't wait until the 2012 model year. The biggest thing I don't like with the 2011 is the pedals which look like slabs of aluminum vs. what you'd expect to find in a regular car. I do prefer the 2011s aluminum dash trims vs. the 2012+ black ones.

As for pricing, I know Newport Beach (now call Orange County, CA Lotus) had a left over 2011 S in Persian Blue going for $69,900. But, I don't see it listed any more. I've seen some dealers (like the former Scottsdale Lotus) offer a 2013 IPS S for $76,000. So, that may help establish some ball park figures.
As of about a month ago, the blue 2011 S was still available in Newport Beach even though it was not listed on the website. It was still technically at $69,900 but the dealer said he was willing to go down to $65,000 (which means you might be able to get it for even less). The dealer rep I interfaced with was Joel Milliman--you could call him to see if it's still there.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
As of about a month ago, the blue 2011 S was still available in Newport Beach even though it was not listed on the website. It was still technically at $69,900 but the dealer said he was willing to go down to $65,000 (which means you might be able to get it for even less). The dealer rep I interfaced with was Joel Milliman--you could call him to see if it's still there.
I think I've found it. It's marked as "used" but with 12 miles on it. Actually, this is Abe Reyes' dealership* and I bought my S from him last April. I would have grabbed this car but I needed a 2+2.

2011 Lotus Evora for Sale - Rolls Royce Motor Cars OC

*http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/member.php?u=2313

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think I've found it. It's marked as "used" but with 12 miles on it. Actually, this is Abe Reyes' dealership* and I bought my S from him last April. I would have grabbed this car but I needed a 2+2.

2011 Lotus Evora for Sale - Rolls Royce Motor Cars OC

*http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/member.php?u=2313
There may actually be two of them, then. I just remembered that Joel Milliman works at San Diego European rather than the Newport Beach dealership (my buying quest is now blending together, although I will say those two dealerships apparently maintain a loose referral relationship). The one I saw had, I believe, had close to 100 miles on it.

Huh. Interesting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys,
Looks like a good deal only I'm looking for the S and 2+2. I'm checking the dealer web sites but the one in Atlanta is currently the front runner. Appreciate all the info.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts