The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own an Exige S and would like to add a Evora S to the collection.

Whats a fair price for a 2011 Evora S Racing Heritage Edition number 4 of 4 with 3,500 miles?

Does the Heritage Edition come with any special options over a regular 2011 S?

what do you think of the color? will resale be difficult?

anyone know this cars history?

Are the upgrades significant for the 2012 S over the 2011 S? should I just wait for the 2012 S models to depreciate a little more.

thank you,

G

·
Registered
412 Posts
No, you don't want to buy that. That's not the droid you're looking for. :ST:

BTW who is selling it? :evil:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone with any info?

·
Illegal Alien
5,308 Posts
Did you get my PM? don't know if that source could help.

·
Registered
444 Posts
A fair bit has been written - most upgrades are in '12 as opposed to '11. Don't know a fair price - I sold my '10 NA with about 6K miles for $50K about 8 months ago. An 11 would be more but if you can, go for a '12. I also have an Exige (S260).

I have to say, the experience is very different but both are intoxictating. The Evora is great steering, brakes and the S has great power (much more torque than the Exige). The interior is much nicer than the Exige and it has luxury items (door windows go down when you close the car door). Way more room than the Exige - I have put kids in the back on occasion but its not something you can do regularly.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I know the dealer that has the car in NJ, I bought my 2012 S from them. Truthfully, I have been trying to get them to send me a couple of small things since I bought the car over a month ago and they keep saying they'll do it but nothing has been sent. I'm disappointed in them, they said they checked my new car out before I bought it and yet several things didn't work when I received it. The least they could have done is granted my request for a missing pan bolt and some touch-up paint, a month has past and they still haven't sent them.

I'd be patient and buy a 2012, Lotus made several improvements that were big complaints in 2011's and earlier, that's why I didn't buy an 11. Success! ;)

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
The only differences between this special edition and other 2011s are cosmetic. The exterior livery, the yellow stitching, the Lotus emblem on the headrests, and the decay on left rear.

There are some that do have the motorsport green color and yellow stripes, but they run full length side by side. Not a special edition but just an ordered color variant. No contrasting stitching.

Also, these seem to be later 2011s, having a few things put together better more like the 2012.

We have greatly enjoyed having this car. It looks like it should be under a Christmas tree. Draws more attention than about any car you'll ever see on a US street.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I currently own an Exige S and would like to add a Evora S to the collection.

Whats a fair price for a 2011 Evora S Racing Heritage Edition number 4 of 4 with 3,500 miles? For a 2011 I think its a little overpriced but I guess it really depends on if it being a limited edition adds value to someone who wants it

Does the Heritage Edition come with any special options over a regular 2011 S? As far as I know it came with all the options. It has the suedetex interior but has yellow stitching and seat logos which were not part of the regular optional suede package. And then obviously there's the paint and exterior striping

what do you think of the color? will resale be difficult? I like it, and it looks great in person but I'm not sure if its for everyone - who cares if you like it;)

anyone know this cars history? S&S sold it originally. Ed told me how it ended back there but I can't recall, I want to say it was traded for a newer one

Are the upgrades significant for the 2012 S over the 2011 S? should I just wait for the 2012 S models to depreciate a little more. Personally I prefer the 12/13s and their upgraded interiors but if I was to buy an '11 it would probably be this one. Theres a thread on the changes http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f170/evora-s-model-year-changes-215426/

thank you,

G
I added some comments above

·
Registered
165 Posts
The only differences between this special edition and other 2011s are cosmetic. The exterior livery, the yellow stitching, the Lotus emblem on the headrests, and the decay on left rear.
Oh, you have to get the special edition if you want decay on a Lotus? I thought it was standard on them all! rotfl

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
You got me on that one.

I am a Dentist typing from his office desk this morning, but that's the best excuse I have :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts