The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Marchie
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2011 Lotus Evora S a few months back. I have been in the hunt for nearly 2 years. I had my first experience in a Lotus in the early 2000s while checking out a Lotus dealership in Tokyo. I had the opportunity to drive an Elise with a 1600 cc Toyota engine. I was impressed with its simplicity, and handling. The bug was set. I have been wanting a Lotus ever since. I really wanted something more classic, so I had my mind set on a Lotus Europa. My wife and I made the trip to a dealer in San Diego to look at one. Not impressed, we checked out the local Lotus, Austin Martin dealer. They had a 2017 Evora 400. I took one look at it, and immediately forgot about the Europa. The $108000 price tag was a little out of my league, however. Then..., a 2011 Evora S caught my eye online. It was in Phoenix Arizona. Luckily, my friend was in Phoenix at the time. I had him go check it out. After his report, I called the dealer, and dropped a holder on it. My brother and I flew from Seattle to Phoenix and picked it up. We spent 3 days driving it back up to Seattle. We went up the coast of California and Oregon. I was very familiar with this Forum. I knew the quirks and challenges I would face. Many of the issues I have had with the Evora are explained in detail in this forum. Many I have addressed already. I am looking forward to participating and learning.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts