The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Custom Engineered Targa Top. With a little over 8k miles on it. Vehicle has a 2015 ASPT Florida title.
Upgrades include:
2 + 2 sports package.
Boa intake W/3rd cat delete
sport exhaust.
Difflow five elements diffuser.
2012 shifter and cable upgrade.

Located in New York. Asking $49900

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,046 Posts
Didn't see that you had this for sale.

C'mon dude, put some better pics up make a better for sale ad, there is no reason there is not a lot of interest in this

This is the car Lotus keeps promising and not making, and you did it.

Details, build pics

If, god forbid you still have it in August blast up to LOG and someone will take it home

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
From some quick research - "ASsembled from ParTs" - so effectively "kit car" or "custom vehicle" as far as title/insurance is concerned...
Is this because of the top modification, or titled this way for a separate reason? Would this affect financing and/or insurability, like a Salvage title?

I didn't realize I could modify my car to the point that it needs to be re-titled. It's not like the DMV inspects any car that I buy.

I've been following this Targa Top conversion for a while...really liked what I saw (only Evora I'd ever consider, since it's a convertible).

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From some quick research - "ASsembled from ParTs" - so effectively "kit car" or "custom vehicle" as far as title/insurance is concerned...
Is this because of the top modification, or titled this way for a separate reason? Would this affect financing and/or insurability, like a Salvage title?

I didn't realize I could modify my car to the point that it needs to be re-titled. It's not like the DMV inspects any car that I buy.

I've been following this Targa Top conversion for a while...really liked what I saw (only Evora I'd ever consider, since it's a convertible).
I purchased the car with an ASPT title. Nothing to do with the work done to it.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
I purchased the car with an ASPT title. Nothing to do with the work done to it.
Do you know the story behind why the car was branded with an ASPT title?

·
Premium Member
3,046 Posts
The only thing I can think of is that it was in fact damaged but not declared a total loss. Say perhaps the dealers detailing kid drover it over a curb and wracked the chassis and it was replaced, but never entered as a total loss. Insurance company involved, so documented, but never totaled. I would think the chassis would have different numbers. Or maybe if it wasn't insurance, but Lotus' policy was to disclose a chassis change.........

just speculation

Again, this is a really cool car and you need to do a better ad to do it justice

·
Lotus Elise 2005
106 Posts
I did a little google, like everyone else states:
This is in fact damaged but not declared a total loss.

In other words: THIS is not a CLEAR TITLE. If you car fax the Vin# it will be brand as "MAJOR" issue.
Just letting people know before they buy,

overall great car!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Surprised you are selling it after all that work, but this is just a repost of the pics from your build thread in which people were repeatedly asking for further details and more/better pics

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Everyone has their own idea of '''Better'' pictures. If you're an interested buyer please PM me what you would like. And I will post them

1 - 20 of 22 Posts