The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm a new (to me) Evora owner. I'm enjoying driving the Evora and absolutely love how the car handles. Everything, except for the subwoofer, was working perfectly until a couple days ago. I rolled the driver's window down and 15 minutes later, it would not go back up. The window is now stuck open! A couple days later, I got a 30 second, "minor fault" wrench symbol at start followed by an intermittent traction control "off" amber caution. Pressing LTC on/off or sport on/off button had no effect. The wrench warning does not illuminate at every start - maybe 50% of the time. Two days later, the PASSENGER window will lower automatically when the door is opened, but will not raise automatically when the door is shut. The passenger window functions correctly with the switch. I can even use the switch to "snug" the passenger window back up once the door is closed.

I have checked the fuses (that's fun to access!) and they are all good. Any suggestions? Is there a common electrical thread which could lead to these issues? I don't have the service manual, but plan to get one ASAP. (That's a question for another thread!)
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks tbd, I will check the grounds. I just got access to the service manual (see other post!), so when I get some time to work on the car, I'll be able to follow the electrical schematic as well. I'll report back as to what the problem and remedy were. It may take a while - too many concurrent projects!-eek-

·
Premium Member
8,399 Posts
Ground/harness ground as its multiple issues

·
Illegal Alien
5,357 Posts
Thanks tbd, I will check the grounds. I just got access to the service manual (see other post!), so when I get some time to work on the car, I'll be able to follow the electrical schematic as well. I'll report back as to what the problem and remedy were. It may take a while - too many concurrent projects!-eek-
Ha, the schematics may or may not be representative of what you have.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have an update to the driver's window issue. I took the door panel off and did some troubleshooting. Here are the results:

1) The switch is good - I swapped the pax switch with the driver switch and it operated the pax window correctly.
2) The ground and power to the switch are good - I put a VOM on the harness pins and got 12V.
3) The ground and power to the window motor are good - I unplugged the window motor power harness and had good voltage across the 2 connectors.

I could not check the micro switch harness because I couldn't get the harness off. The window is in the down position, and there is not enough room for me to see or feel how the harness release works. Any ideas how to disconnect? At this point, I'm guessing the lift mechanism is bad. The manual recommends the glass be fully raised for better access - that would be great, but mine failed in the down position! Any tips for disconnecting the glass clamps with the window down and in the way? Also, any other "traps" or tricks for lift replacement?

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update #2:
I reassembled the door panel with the expectation that I would need to order the window motor. Low and behold, the window worked! I assume the issue may have been a loose or corroded window motor plug. The only residual issue left is the auto drop on the driver's window:

Here is the scenario...
The window will go FULLY UP (and stay there) when the door is closed if the switch is used to raise the window. When the door is opened, the window drops like it should. When the door is closed, the window fails to automatically raise to close the gap on the rubber molding. If I subsequently raise the window (with the door closed), the window will stay full up. So, the window control "knows" when the door is open and when it is closed. It seems the only problem is the transmission of the signal to raise the window when the door is closed.

Any ideas for a solution???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts