The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
re: speed wobble and re-enforcing the wing

I am posting pictures of how the stock uprights are attached to the claim

the metal piece (stock re-enforcement) is glued to the clam and each upright is held by 2 tiny nuts!!!

looks to be the same size as the nuts that hold the brake light

Attachments

·
A1 Automotive & Smog
892 Posts
Well the wing pushes the clam down, so the small nuts/studs only there so the wing stays there.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Well the wing pushes the clam down, so the small nuts/studs only there so the wing stays there.
Not really. The lift/drag ratio on most wings is poor(especially road usable ones with blunt rear edges) so there is possibly very considerable rearward force on the wing which will translate to tension on the front mounting nuts. The size of the fasteners might be interpreted by some as an indication of the overall aero impact of said wing ;)

Put it in the same category as discussing diffuser impact on a car with three holes in the bottom of the engine bay.

·
Registered
140 Posts
So I've read lots of post with people complaining about the various things about the wings on the Exige. Has anybody ever seen or experienced any actual failure of a wing?

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
If you guys worry above the clam, just purchase some 1mm or 2mm thick CF plate and epoxy it under the clam.

And don't let any girl laying over your blade :D

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was thinking about hkfever solution by adding long extension to the wing attachment to meet the trunk floor...hence i took pictures

But the attachement screw is so small... I am not sure if it will work..

Sent from my GT-I9000M using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Ticket Magnet
1,055 Posts
I will be making lexan plates to adhere to the underside of my clam for this purpose. There is a fiberglass adhesive filler that I will use to insure complete load distribution over the entire area of the plate.

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
I will be making lexan plates to adhere to the underside of my clam for this purpose. There is a fiberglass adhesive filler that I will use to insure complete load distribution over the entire area of the plate.
Make them adjustable ( with 2pcs L shape CF + CF plate ). Sketch out the tamplate for mass production:D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Has anyone considered a center post like the Nismo spoiler on the 350z?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Depending on how well the upgrade from the factory material to CF goes - this is my planned next step. A small CF tube support in the center.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts