The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't believe there are no threads on removing this stupid thing. Owners manual is useless since its written for the S1, where there are 2 pieces not one.

I've popped off the two corners, removed the center hexagonal screw (though it wont come out its fully loosened). Something is still holding it in the middle. Anyone ever taken this thing off?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Am I just an idiot or has no one actually done this? All front clam removal instructions on the net start with this piece removed.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I have to remove mine in 2 weeks to change the horn and add LED to the vanes. Do you have the service manual?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Owners manual has incorrect directons. Mine is a single piece with clips on each end holding the ends down. Owners manual says unbolt each piece using the tool in the toolkit.

What am I missing?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe this will help, mine looks different than any of the other Elise's I have seen on the net.

Heres what mine looks like:

As you can see the two corners are loose and I am able to lift them up. I've already loosened the bolt where the windshield wiper is attached using the hexagonal tool in the toolkit. It seems the spot which is being held down is in the very center, front of the hood piece, directly below where the windshield wiper is attached.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got it, the lotus dealer called me back with the instructions. You have to slide it up to toward the windshield to get it loosened.

Let me post some pics of it off.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heres a pic of the front access panel off:

As you can see the two holes at the bottom were what was holding it, its a slide up mechanism.

Heres the panel off the car:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah another thing the dealer told me was at the end of the owners manual is a supplement section which has all the updated sections, including the instructions for this thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts