The Lotus Cars Community banner

What do you think of the price

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Elise SC
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A gent in my area is selling his single owner, 24k Elise SC for 40k. Dealer serviced and looks to be in great condition.

I’ve done my research and have an opinion but would love to hear what others think.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
217 Posts
Want to share the listing? I don’t need to upgrade from my 05 Elise, but for a 2011 Elise SC, I might!

·
Registered
2011 Elise SC
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Want to share the listing? I don’t need to upgrade from my 05 Elise, but for a 2011 Elise SC, I might!
I pulled the trigger on it last night (pending inspection) so the listing isn’t up anymore. Was curious to hear other’s takes on the pricing.

·
Registered
2011 Elise SC
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’d make sure no accidents for that price. Also, not enough info- packages, any mods?
One low speed accident, cracked front clam, repair work done at a Lotus dealer. Owner seems like he took great care of it.

Just the SC package as far as I’m aware. Only mods are rear tail lights and matte black lotus rims. Comes with original rims, lights, hardtop and soft top.

·
Registered
2005 ForcedFed Lotus Elise
116 Posts
I agree. No Lotus expert here as mine is being delivered to me today. But having researched prices this whole past month prior to my purchase, def seems like a very fair deal. If no accident and slightly lower miles, I've seen them go for anywhere from $40 to 50k it seems. Awesome color choice btw!

·
Registered
2011 Elise SC
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree. No Lotus expert here as mine is being delivered to me today. But having researched prices this whole past month prior to my purchase, def seems like a very fair deal. If no accident and slightly lower miles, I've seen them go for anywhere from $40 to 50k it seems. Awesome color choice btw!
Thanks and congrats on your new car!!!

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
If inspection checks out you have a great deal. Enjoy the new car. Awesome

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Its up on the lift at the local Lotus/Aston dealer/servicer now, fingers crossed!
I assume you’re in the Boston area? How is the new dealer location? Haven’t seen it yet.. Looking forward to seeing you around! Sounds like an awesome combo. I have the ‘08 SC wheels on my car, love them. Just need the SC to go with them. Lol

·
Premium Member
2006 Exige
641 Posts
I assume you’re in the Boston area? How is the new dealer location? Haven’t seen it yet.. Looking forward to seeing you around! Sounds like an awesome combo. I have the ‘08 SC wheels on my car, love them. Just need the SC to go with them. Lol
Good luck with the inspection,sounds like a nice car. I think that’s a fair price. I have heard some people spend that much on upgrades.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I would not be interested unless I could see pics of front before accident, or repair order. My 2 cents. Good luck!

·
Registered
2011 Elise SC
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for everyone’s helpful input! The inspection came back great and we completed the transaction yesterday.

I’d never driven an Elise before yesterday and, while I thought I was prepared, its even more exceptional than I would have thought. With the exception of visibility, its a delight to drive! The ride doesn’t feel all that rough (and thats on Boston roads in the winter) and the torque is amazing, don’t have to work nearly as hard to have fun as in the S2000.

Looking forward to being an owner for years to come and connecting more with this great community!

·
Registered
2011 Elise SC
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes. I’m in Camberville. I’d only been to that dealer way back when they were in Allston so can’t compare to Waltham but the facilities were great. Looked very state of the art and they had a few Astons for sale and a few more getting serviced. They also had this amazing late 60s Ferrari.

Nice to meet another local Lotus owner, looking forward to seeing you at some local meetups!

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Yes. I’m in Camberville. I’d only been to that dealer way back when they were in Allston so can’t compare to Waltham but the facilities were great. Looked very state of the art and they had a few Astons for sale and a few more getting serviced. They also had this amazing late 60s Ferrari.

Nice to meet another local Lotus owner, looking forward to seeing you at some local meetups! View attachment 1279651
Ferrari 275GTB. One of the best Ferrari road cars of its time. I got to drive my friend's when he bought it with a bonus from his first engineering job. One of my dream cars.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Congrats OP. I'm in Boston also and owned a 2005 elise before and should be picking up an Exige S soon. Lets connect for some drives! Love the lazer blue but never seen on in person. I was looking at an exige in that color on here a couple days back! Again congrats!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts