The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
So I got some info from Justin at FVMC and he is not certain it will work as no one he knows has tried this yet.

I also asked if the sides of the 2011 Elise fit the older Elise and they have not seen that done yet either. I would love to get rid of those plastic pieces. I might call tj tomorrow to see his thoughts.

Justin also sent me a pic of the 2011 lid. I will post the pic for everyone when I am at a computer again instead of my iPad.
Nice! See if you can get him to take a picture of the release mechanism inside the cabin too. That is the last unknown for me as you can just route a cable from the cable release (the glow-in-the-dark handle). This is actually really exciting for me...I hate having to turn off the car at an autocross just to open the hatch and check stuff / take things out of the boot

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Justin said this exactly:

"On the trunk hatch, I cannot confirm they would swap out.* By looking at the parts manual, there are a lot of differences.* For example the latch assembly and mounting for the latch is different on the 2011’s."

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
So I got some info from Justin at FVMC and he is not certain it will work as no one he knows has tried this yet.

I also asked if the sides of the 2011 Elise fit the older Elise and they have not seen that done yet either. I would love to get rid of those plastic pieces. I might call tj tomorrow to see his thoughts.

Justin also sent me a pic of the 2011 lid. I will post the pic for everyone when I am at a computer again instead of my iPad.
i spent some time studying the side grill area on the 2011 as well.it really looks like there is no difference.i cant see why they would not fit on an older elise.that being said.so if they do fit.then i guess i wont be modifying any of the side grills for mesh.its funny how they look just like the modified ones.like lotus copied them.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Just went to that site that DarkSol posted - very cool. More detailed than Lotus Garage.

Completely unrelated, but...

Lots of people ask for the side mesh louvers - before, you had to custom mod them and it was a total pain in the arse. TONS of sanding.

Now, you can just buy the ones from the '11. Look to be around $60 each. Totally worth it. If I hadn't done mine, I'd have Justin order these toot sweet!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I just checked, the trunk lids are the same size. there is an issue though. On the pre-2011 cars the latch mechanism is attached to the trunk lid, on the 2011 it is attached to a molded in portion of the rear clam, so finding a way to fix the latch to the rear clam and maintain the alarm pin switch would have to be figuered out.

T.J.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wow, can you really just buy the 2011 mesh louvers and have them fit without modification in an older elise?

I might pickup a set for my 05' if that's the case!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Wow, can you really just buy the 2011 mesh louvers and have them fit without modification in an older elise?

I might pickup a set for my 05' if that's the case!
Yep.

They are 46p on that site, which is about $75 US.

MUCH MUCH better than the mod way. WAAAAAYYYY too much work.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
TJ....if you can confirm the 2011 sides work on an 07 you will definitely have my car. The plastic fins on the side is the only thing I truly do not like.

As for the trunk it sounds as if it is way to much work for something I do not mind to much. I will probably just look at installing shaved door poppers on the rear lid...some how.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
We would never George. We have always been fair. :)

I looked up the price, but it hasnt been added to LCU's system yet. We let them know, so as soon as it is added I will get you a price.

T.J.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I e-mail lotus garage about the 2011 louvers, but he says the US and UK show no inventory on those and that he could order it but it might takes weeks/months.

Anyone know of a place where you can actually get the 2011 louvers?!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
just got pricing on the engine lid for the 2011. It is about $380.00. none currently available in the US. Call my parts guy Justin if you want more info on how ong to get one. 630-654-9000

thanks,
T.J.

BTW. If anyone needs a regular trunk lid for an Elise, I have one for sale.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts