The Lotus Cars Community banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Can you find out how long lead time is for the 2011 side grilles?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Hey TJ - if you don't mind, let's plan to take a look at a 2011 decklid vs. 2005+ to see the differences during the Cars & Coffee at FVMC, cool? I'm really curious what the price would be; I assume FVMC is closed tomorrow so I'll call Justin Thursday. Thanks!
Edit: TJ already found out the engine lid price is $380. I'm retarded.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Hey TJ - if you don't mind, let's plan to take a look at a 2011 decklid vs. 2005+ to see the differences during the Cars & Coffee at FVMC, cool? I'm really curious what the price would be; I assume FVMC is closed tomorrow so I'll call Justin Thursday. Thanks!
they aren't closed tomorrow!

Cmon, lots of people are buying Murcielagos during epic blizzards! :)

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Looks like I will be doing this for a local guy coming up real soon. We will probably use the hardware from the Elise with some mad scientist modifications and have the key-hole like stock. It isn't that making it work like an Exige would be hard, but rather too easy for thieves when the top is off. "Officer, I had my top off and someone took everything out of my boot." Sounds funny unless it is your boot.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I know the front end is different on the 11s, but does anyone know the two slats above the radiator on the front, by the front windshield, if that is the same on the ealier cars compared to the 2011, and if the mesh fill fit and exchange the slats?

My sides are Reverie, and that is ok. But I don't like the front slats.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Looks like I will be doing this for a local guy coming up real soon. We will probably use the hardware from the Elise with some mad scientist modifications and have the key-hole like stock. It isn't that making it work like an Exige would be hard, but rather too easy for thieves when the top is off. "Officer, I had my top off and someone took everything out of my boot." Sounds funny unless it is your boot.
Can't wait! Chuck you are always up to fun mods!

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
I know the front end is different on the 11s, but does anyone know the two slats above the radiator on the front, by the front windshield, if that is the same on the ealier cars compared to the 2011, and if the mesh fill fit and exchange the slats?

My sides are Reverie, and that is ok. But I don't like the front slats.
The '11 is totally different from the windshield forward. I de-slated my oem radiator grills and couldn't be happier with the results.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
The '11 is totally different from the windshield forward. I de-slated my oem radiator grills and couldn't be happier with the results.
I have the Reverie side scoop, so that is taken care off. I imagine the rear might get taken care of if we figure out the 2011 trunk lid will work or not.

Yeah I can't stand the front radiator grille. Don't have the talent to do itmyself though :eek::eek:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Anyone know if the mesh grilles listed as part #8 & 9 will fit a 2005 deck lid? I know the middle grille won't fit as there isn't a hole cut in our deck lids, but the profile of the sides where 8 and 9 fit looks pretty close to the 2005 lid. Has anyone tried it? Might be a cheaper solution to getting mesh grilles rather than replacing the whole lid.

Edit - Just went and looked at my 2005 Elise and it does appear considerably different than the 2011 engine cover. Looks like the mesh won't fit after all.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Anyone know if the mesh grilles listed as part #8 & 9 will fit a 2005 deck lid? I know the middle grille won't fit as there isn't a hole cut in our deck lids, but the profile of the sides where 8 and 9 fit looks pretty close to the 2005 lid. Has anyone tried it? Might be a cheaper solution to getting mesh grilles rather than replacing the whole lid.

Edit - Just went and looked at my 2005 Elise and it does appear considerably different than the 2011 engine cover. Looks like the mesh won't fit after

all.
I am pretty sure the shape of the grill openings are different. If you would like mesh grills for your engine cover? send me a pm. I sell them for 140$

41 - 60 of 62 Posts