The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
499 Posts
I think the main lotus retailer in the US has already set the standard for the pricing's of Eliges. 06 Chrome Orange, 34k miles for $43,000. It will be sold in less than 2 weeks going off how fast they fly off their shelves. They had 2 Elises, one with 77k and I think the other was 60k and they sold for $34 or $32k. I think the new baseline for the Elise is around 40k for a well sorted one.

·
Administrator
4,989 Posts
Auction needs a lot more attention. Comments are slow.
The calm before the storm....wait until ten minutes before the bell. I bet it goes into OT.

·
Premium Member
2005 Lotus Elise
16 Posts
I've been following the auction, although its been staying steady for a little while - very curious to see what it ends up selling for

·
Registered
43 Posts
The calm before the storm....wait until ten minutes before the bell. I bet it goes into OT.
It needs more publicity. Slow comments on that site mean it's not getting exposure. The Viper guys share those links like crazy and it spreads across Facebook. I haven't seen this car posted in any of the Lotus groups.

·
Administrator
4,989 Posts
Some of the problem if you read into this is that there were TWO cars EXACTLLY the same at the same time throwing a ton of confusion into this. Trust me the last ten minutes will be exciting and many play it down until then to try and keep the price down.

Reactions: creonovo and 6TVRs+

·
Administrator
4,989 Posts
7300 have seen it and 700+ are watching this. You won't get that on craigslist! Watch those numbers go up at the end!

·
Registered
668 Posts
7300 have seen it and 700+ are watching this. You won't get that on craigslist! Watch those numbers go up at the end!
I agree, but would add if the owner wanted more traffic, I would be adding anecdotes or hyping the heck out of it by linking it everywhere.
The people that hope to get it cheap are not saying a thing. That and it has an unknown reserve...which has often been cited as tamping down interest..

·
Administrator
4,989 Posts
Shuuush glad I'm not trying to purchase lol 100% correct

Reactions: 6TVRs+

·
2006 Exige
871 Posts
Makes me even happier that I own a 2011 Exige S 260 Final Edition #13 of 30. :D
Plus the color on yours is 10x better.

It seems like it sold for a fair price these days for what it was. If you want a car you're going to drive though, buy an '06 or '07 Exige and add the REV300 and some Penske's.

·
2006 Exige
871 Posts
Also, in the comments, the buyer said he was prepared to pay as much as 102k. 2 of his BTC. Wow.

·
Registered
07 Aspen White Exige S - MT
978 Posts
Well good for the seller, but my god in my eyes was that overpaid for, and if it went to $100K would be stupidity at that point.

·
Registered
2007 Phantom Black Exige S
150 Posts
Well good for the seller, but my god in my eyes was that overpaid for, and if it went to $100K would be stupidity at that point.
Definitely a bit risky if one is in it for the investment. The US market for Exiges is a bit soft IMO compared to other low-volume semi-exotics cars (and relative to Elises).

FYI, this car sold for less than sticker after adjusting for CPI, but likely the owner could drive it for years and sell it for the same or more than what they paid.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts