The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my 2011 side intake grill installed on my 2005. Hope this will help others to do it much quicker than I did. :D Well, here we go....

First, you have to take two bolts out from inside the rear clam (circled in red) then grill will push out toward back of the car.
Yellow Light Design Automotive design Automotive lighting

First picture is a comparison between 2011 and my 2005 grills. Oh, don't forget to pull out black edge molding off of your car before install the new ones since new one wraps outside the body line (circled in red on second picture).
Automotive exterior Vehicle door Bumper Font Automotive design

Before installing new one, I needed to shave inner tabs out. Will explain on next picture why.

First picture is showing a tab that's on top of the grill. You'll need to spread it open a little to ease the installation. Third picture is showing how it's installed. Unlike the older one it needs to be installed from outside towards back of the car. That tab that I shaved off was preventing me from inserting circled part in position. I assume that this grill is installed before rear clam is installed at the factory. I could not get that red circle part to sit where it is without shaving that tab off. (Maybe someone can figure it out for all of us :shrug:)
Product Vehicle door Automotive design Design Font

These pictures are showing top side of the grill. Remember I spread the top tabs? Makes this step a little easier. Second picture shows after tab was properly inserted. Fitment wasn't perfect. You see a gap in that red circle?
Automotive design Auto part Vehicle Car

Reactions: RapidLotus

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After top has been inserted now it's time for bottom side. There are 3 tabs (circle in red). Two tabs on the right is on the grill and one on left is on the car. Make sure those are properly inserted.
Vehicle door Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Automotive lighting

Now for the bolts, you can only put one since one tab has been shaved off.
Yellow Light Architecture Automotive lighting Metal

After everything was done....
Automotive lighting Light Automotive design Vehicle door Automotive exterior

Light Lighting Sky Automotive lighting Architecture

Vehicle Car Automotive design Vehicle door Supercar

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Nice write up. This will surly help other with this great mod.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Car looks good.

I did the CF Reverie scoop mod on my Elise when I bought it few years back. Problem is, and the reason I didn't do the side scoop grille, that I couldn't find a matching front end and rear end grille combo to do, without doing body work (shaving exposed or filling holes). Thus to the mismatched look didn't work :(

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
sweet

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Justin had a second set for sale and I managed to nab them... Luck of the dumb... :D
haha.. Justin told me that he have gotten 2 sets and I guess nobody claimed it other than me and zuspiel... Lucky us.. rotfl

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Has Justin got the ability to order more?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Awesome!! who's justin and how mucho for the set?
Justin is parts manager at Fox Valley Motor cars who is a Lotus dealer. It was $180 ish including shipping.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.