The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 Solar Yellow Evora

Doing a little surfing while napping this AM and I came across this Evora - that happens to be in the same dealership network where my sister works. Asking her now what sort of deal she could work out for me. So I'm guessing the previous owner probably traded it in on a new Vette - curious if anyone knows this car or if the previous owner was here?

While I'm not at all a fan of black interiors if I could "steal" the car I'd consider it and I do love Solar Yellow (almost bought a SY Exige when I got mine).

So anyone know anything????

-Ross

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
It's close to me, but I know nothing about Evoras so I couldn't reliably check out the car for you besides cosmetic stuff.

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's close to me, but I know nothing about Evoras so I couldn't reliably check out the car for you besides cosmetic stuff.
Yeah, no worries there - for that level of inspection I'd trust that my sister would have the right person look at it. If she is able to work out some incredible deal for me I'll toss something in the Evora forums to have someone go have a closer look. Best case the owner has been here before and he'll chime in. Then again if you swapped an Evora for a Vette (my assumption) or even Camaro then you might not be the owner type to come here.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have been to this dealership 3 times. On my first visit (March), the car was pretty dirty and the brakes were rusted so I knew the car has been sitting on the lot for a while. The trunk had water in it and lots of mildew on the trunk lid. The dash and airbag cover warped really bad. I told the sale manger about this and they have it repaired under warranty at Motorcars of Georgia. After 2 weeks, I got several calls from the sale rep saying that the car is repaired, cleaned/waxed and all sorted. So I visited the dealer (2nd time); however, the car was not there. I was upset because they wasted 1.5 hrs of my time. They said the car was still being repair for the dash warranty work. Couple more weeks passed and I got calls from the dealer. They said the car is good to go and they are motivated to move the car. So I made an appointment (3rd visit) and requested them to provide me the car’s history maintenance records and the ECU dump. This time I spent a lot of time going over the car. The clear bra started to peel on the hood. I think the car has been out in the sun a lot because the window rubber seal is faded and was really loose in the rear. The salesman tucked it back in place when I was going over the car. The paint doesn’t have to same shine/luster as my 06 Elise does. There were some rusts in the trunk (prob due to the water). The chrome plastic rings around the rear lights are faded into regular plastic color. The driver side seat has wear from entering and exiting. I tested drive the car and it drives and handle really well. I noticed there was a little grin in the gear when I try to downshift into 2nd gear. The salesman didn’t provide me any previous records and would not provide me the ECU dump. He told me that I’m not speaking English. He wouldn’t bother to find out from his mechanic to get me the ECU dump. He didn’t have Window sticker to list all the car’s options or the car’s manuals. According to carfax, the car has 3 previous owners. I asked if the car was traded in for a corvette and they said the previous owner didn’t want this car anymore and sold them the car. They confirmed there was no trade-in for this car. In the end, I walked away because I was not comfortable with the risks of owning this particular car.

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
Wow.......That's some good G2. Thanks for sharing khoa...........

Ross............I have been eyeballing this one too.

·
Registered
371 Posts
If the car is still under warranty though I dont see any issue getting into this car for cheap. the problems listed by khoa are pretty easy fixes and if there was issue with the gear change I'm sure its because it has older shift cables. All 2010-2011 evora's i have seen in person have rusted rotors though. I removed and resprayed mine due to this issue. As far as the paint goes I am sure with the clear bra removed and a full 3 stage paint correction there is no sun damage that is permanent with a car this new. Put a new clear bra back on the freshly detailed paint and I'm sure this car could be back to new. Again that is provided that these annoyances be adjusted for in the price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts