The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the difference between the 2011's optional $1500 sports gear box vs. the 2012 manual transmission?

How much is it get an additional key?

·
Premium Member
8,156 Posts
Chime in folks but sport ratios are standard issue on 2012's forward. 2keys come with car. No clue on a third. Think its first time asked.

·
Illegal Alien
5,351 Posts
2012 mid year, changed gears set design regardless of ratios, new gears in old transaxle box's must be changed in sets.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Great info thanks for sharing the link! One thing I see is if I ever got 20 mpg in the city I would be amazed. I generally run about 17 to 18.

I guess I will have to take the car some place safe and see what speed I hit in third gear. Thats about the only way to tell the differance from what I see.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Just run it at any reasonable speed an check the rim. Then do some simple math.

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
Great info thanks for sharing the link! One thing I see is if I ever got 20 mpg in the city I would be amazed. I generally run about 17 to 18.
Just so you're aware, the dash MPG is usually wrong, sometimes by a substantial amount. Mine usually says 16-17 mpg, whereas the actual calculated number is ~23 mpg in mixed driving. Don't despair unless you've punched the numbers yourself.

·
Registered
539 Posts
What's the difference between the 2011's optional $1500 sports gear box vs. the 2012 manual transmission?

How much is it get an additional key?
Purchased key from dealer 4/14
A132M6099S-alarm transmitter-$84.38
B132H0018S-uncut keyblank evora-$7.65
plus tax......
Overall reasonable compared to Porsche or Ferrari. Also, dealer was unable to cut key but kindly recommended a local vendor and the Jaguar dealer as options.

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Purchased key from dealer 4/14
A132M6099S-alarm transmitter-$84.38
B132H0018S-uncut keyblank evora-$7.65
plus tax......
Overall reasonable compared to Porsche or Ferrari. Also, dealer was unable to cut key but kindly recommended a local vendor and the Jaguar dealer as options.
The key does look quite similar to the one I had our '04 Vanden Plas.

·
Registered
804 Posts

I guess I will have to take the car some place safe and see what speed I hit in third gear. Thats about the only way to tell the differance from what I see.
I think the MPG quoted is for an imperial (British) gallon, and not a US gallon. You can take about 17% off the imperial MPG to get US MPG.

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I looked at a car (not from a Lotus dealer) and local Lotus dealer said they would not perform a PPI on the car, is this normal for a Lotus dealer?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Not normal given they make money on a PPI(unless you were asking them to do it for free, then yeah, very normal).

Would not be surprised if it was an old problem car that they don't want to come clean about, especially if they sold it to the current dealer.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not normal given they make money on a PPI(unless you were asking them to do it for free, then yeah, very normal).

Would not be surprised if it was an old problem car that they don't want to come clean about, especially if they sold it to the current dealer.
I wanted to pay for it; figured $300-500 for the service. They sold the car new, it has on CarFax "Accident reported It was hit by another motor vehicle while parked involving right rear impact." The dealer claims it was a shoddy repair, but what does that have to do with refusing a PPI?

Looks clean in the pictures. Was planning on checking out tomorrow.

·
Lotus Noobie
107 Posts
I wanted to pay for it; figured $300-500 for the service. They sold the car new, it has on CarFax "Accident reported It was hit by another motor vehicle while parked involving right rear impact." The dealer claims it was a shoddy repair, but what does that have to do with refusing a PPI?

Looks clean in the pictures. Was planning on checking out tomorrow.
It's that white evora huh?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts