The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local Lotus isider man has seen the clay model of the new Esprit and well, it sounds like those Lambo looking mock ups are correct.

So no more s******ing at them.

We may well see it at Paris anyway.

As for the Evora S, a factory kit tune up will be available too. For regular Evoras....

All good but nothing new, sorry, just bored at work.

a

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
42 Posts
not sure on the look of the nwe esprit, it does look like a lambo. The original didnt really look like any other car yet had familair sports car qualities. I think it has been curved out a little to much to make it seem familiar and also im missing those pop-up headlights

·
Registered
197 Posts
as borat would say; "very nice, how much?"

·
Registered
181 Posts

i got this from a buddy lets leave it at that

Interesting. Apart from the headlight shape, that doesn't really share any DNA with the rest of Lotus's current range (or with the old Esprit). I wonder if this is from the new Italian regime. I've heard Carr and Crijns have been pretty much sidelined on the new stuff, and Bahar and Coco have sent it all off to be done in Italy. Sad if true (although this image might predate that).

·
Super Moderator
6,817 Posts
Interesting. Apart from the headlight shape, that doesn't really share any DNA with the rest of Lotus's current range (or with the old Esprit). I wonder if this is from the new Italian regime. I've heard Carr and Crijns have been pretty much sidelined on the new stuff, and Bahar and Coco have sent it all off to be done in Italy. Sad if true (although this image might predate that).
The B-pillar and side window shape has a lot of "classic" Esprit to it. Otherwise the rest of that concept looks like a McLaren MP4-12C with a better air dam. More safe than sexy.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The B-pillar and side window shape has a lot of "classic" Esprit to it.
That's true. No Lotus "mouth" though? No top rad exits? I realize that stuff wasn't on the original Esprit either, but throwing away some of their signature styling features at this point seems a bit odd, especially when the result is a totally anodyne, generic looking supercar. Lotus has long struggled to forge a coherent identity across multiple models, and giving up now just when they're starting to get it right would be a mistake.

That surface change that starts below the A pillar is a bit of a mess too. Hopefully this is just an early WIP concept. Despite the fact that I bleed green and yellow, this doesn't appeal to me much compared to its competition.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts